Cats, they're taking over. Part 3

Skodadriver

Never known a cat that could resist a bag or a box. My last bloke could keep himself (and me ...) amused for hours with either. Even when the arthritis had him almost immobilised he couldn't resist!

• Like 8

Pixie. Gone to the Rainbow Bridge to wait for us. There's more room to move in the bed at night now, but it is a much emptier place.

52118152806_015e81fdb1_c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 13

8 hours ago, John Laidlaw said:
9 hours ago, Natter said:

Pixie. Gone to the Rainbow Bridge to wait for us. There's more room to move in the bed at night now, but it is a much emptier place.

-I know all too well what you can feel in these circumstances, I lost my Tomy few monthes ago, your Pixie has gone but she remain by your side what ever you do she will never let you down...

Keep safe

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear about Pixie @Natter. We have been down that road three times in the last 45 years so I have a pretty good idea of how you will be feeling.

Take care

Dave G 🇺🇦

• Thanks 1

On 6/3/2022 at 1:22 AM, Natter said:

Sorry for your loss. Our feline friends are so stealthy and yet we can feel their presence or, sadly, their absence.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2022 at 11:22 AM, Natter said:

Pixie. Gone to the Rainbow Bridge to wait for us.

A really nice way to think of this, I still can choke up thinking of a couple of ours that have travelled that way, they do take over our hearts.

Apologies for the mistaken reaction I put up earlier & have  just spotted it, since amended. Take care.

Steve.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

A follow on to my April 21st post. The little momma cat, who is now known as Babycat, hasn't brought any kittens out to be seen and I suspect they may not have survived as she's a little cat herself, compared to other adult cats in the area. On the other hand, she now has me well trained and knows that I look for her each morning and evening. She usually sit atop the fence, watching for our dog Buddy, who is as anti-cat as any critter you can imagine. Once the coast is shown to be clear, she looks for me on the back porch and comes running once we make eye contact. It's very hot here now, so I usually don't see her except for early mornings and late evenings, when it's cooled down enough to come out for food.  Her appetite remains strong and she's as affectionate as ever. I've tempted her to come inside but she steps inside the door, takes a quick look around, and bolts outside again. I'll keep trying.

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

Tis winter here & the last few days have given us the coldest days of it yet with a southerly weather pattern bring cold air from the deep south, straight off the icebergs by the feel of it. Understandably, our short haired boys have felt the cold, with Jonesy, the darker of the two staking his claim on the top shelf of the airing cupboard up till now. The last couple of nights though, they have both joined us in bed under the douvet. Evenings have them competing for space on the mat in front of the log fire. The relaxation postures are amazing but this one tonight took the cake, Marty looking like someone had done a cut & shut, sticking his lower half back on back to front.

2022-06-22_09-12-58

Steve.

• Like 15

I’ve moved my home “office” from one room to another as it allows me to better concentrate on work. It has earned me more frequent visits from my co-workers though, as it’s on the way to their favourite wildlife-watching window. This is Percy saying hi.

Percy at Work

• Like 15