Cats, they're taking over. Part 3

Skodadriver

Do any of your cats have particularly odd habits? 

Apart from lying on her back up against the living room door, Merry has recently developed a fixation with one of the wardrobes in our bedroom. Before she comes to bed she insists that the wardrobe door is opened and she will then sit motionless for anything up to fifteen minutes just staring into it. There is nothing unusual or particularly interesting there, only my wife's clothes and shoes and Merry never makes any attempt to go in. She just sits and stares. Staring into the wardrobe has become part of her nightly ritual and until she has done it she won't come to bed or settle down.

Strange things cats.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Wilf sits with his nose right up against the radiator in the living room when it is on. He will sit there motionless for about five or so minutes at a time. He loves being warm more than any cat we have had. I think it is because he was living rough for a while  in the colder months of the year. 

• Like 9

Both of ours - but particularly Percy - will suddenly break into a wild shouting, running about routine at least once a day. It's hilarious. Also, if Percy is being naughty (like trying to get onto the kitchen counters) and you tell him no, he'll run into another room and have a temper tantrum. Splendid little folk.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Beermonster1958 He's a handsome brute 👍

Was in carpark at work this morning having some 'fresh air' and this chap came out of the bushes, sat down and started meowing for some grub! 

p?i=cbfdce13f9b0d8e173832114630a9c63

I work very close to home and Squeak (as i call him) comes round our place for a feed rather often. He must have thought his luck was in when he saw me, except i don't carry cat food in me pockets! 

Regards,

Steve

Edited by fatfingers
  • Like 11

14 hours ago, fatfingers said:

@Beermonster1958 He's a handsome brute 👍

Was in carpark at work this morning having some 'fresh air' and this chap came out of the bushes, sat down and started meowing for some grub! 

p?i=cbfdce13f9b0d8e173832114630a9c63

I work very close to home and Squeak (as i call him) comes round our place for a feed rather often. He must have thought his luck was in when he saw me, except i don't carry cat food in me pockets! 

Regards,

Steve

- He looks a tough guy, you have been chosen, You are The CHOSEN.........., you have a cat now........

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

How very Daily Mail to give the beast's weight in pounds and stones when most of us are used to grams and kilos!

My cousin has a Maine Coon who has film star looks and, as @John Laidlaw says, a lovely nature but she missed out when the kittens in the litter were allocated brains. If she was human she would be "blonde" in both senses of the term. 

• Haha 7

28 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

How very Daily Mail to give the beast's weight in pounds and stones when most of us are used to grams and kilos!

Speak for yourself 😋, I wuz edjumacated in Imperial measure, so I knows that cat is a hefty lump (that is an official standard unit of measure btw)

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

55 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

Lovely shot,what's the bottle for behind him (probably to whack you with if you try to move him)...

Thanks, Vince :) he's a bit of a menace :D the bottle is aliphatic glue.

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1