Cats, they're taking over. Part 3

Skodadriver

Sounds like you're in the same situation as me Steve. Cookie and Minnette live round the corner and usually turn up at least once a day for a feed. Then there is the one who has been abandoned who I call my Sooty Friend, and finally, the feral tabby. He'd a big fella and to begin with, if he caught sight of me whilst he was eating, he'd run. Now, so long as I don't approach him, he carries on eating, but keeps a wary eye on me.

John.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Beermonster1958 said:

I'd have to buy an extra piece of fish for them.

Wierdly, though ours loves plain white fish fillet cooked in the microwave, he always turns his nose up at chip shop fish and has never touched it. Suits me fine!! 🤣

Keith

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

"I'm sorry I haven't a clue" on radio four did something along the lines of "book titles suitable for cats" the other week. Can't remember them all but I was tickled by:

"The spy who came in from the cold and then wanted to be let straight back out again, although it was still clearly cold"

and

"To catch, play with, maul and finally kill a mocking bird"

• Haha 11

I come back to this section of Britmodeler from time to time to see the many cats and share in their human's adventures. We had to put our oldest cat Callie down about a month ago. She had feline cancer. We still have Elsie and Teddy and are looking at adopting another adult female cat after the first of the year. There's no escaping it. Cats grow on you!

• Like 9

You have finished your latest model, and you're well chuffed with the result. You have painted, masked, polished, screwed your eyes up to paint the details and give yourself a concentrations headache or ten along the way. You have cleaned and polished, given your all. Now comes the time to share your pleasure with like minded modellers, so the infinity background is set up and the camera settings duly adjusted. You take your photos, lots of them at slightly different settings to get the ones that are 'just right' and do your model as much justice as the camera ever allows. You come to edit and post the photos and....

51765627994_957373e9d8_c.jpg

WHAT!!!!!

It's a flippin' cat hair! Cats, and their fur. They take over.

51764162952_334d557a42_c.jpg

Out you go to take the photos all over again...

• Haha 10

It could be worse he could've tried scratching his chin on the aerial,i've got Alan Deere's Spit in 1/32 by Corgi which was on a wall unit,walked into the lounge and he was purring away doing exactly that (luckily it survived but it's a bit loose)...

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

On 12/22/2021 at 4:27 PM, Natter said:

You have finished your latest model, and you're well chuffed with the result. You have painted, masked, polished, screwed your eyes up to paint the details and give yourself a concentrations headache or ten along the way. You have cleaned and polished, given your all. Now comes the time to share your pleasure with like minded modellers, so the infinity background is set up and the camera settings duly adjusted. You take your photos, lots of them at slightly different settings to get the ones that are 'just right' and do your model as much justice as the camera ever allows. You come to edit and post the photos and....

WHAT!!!!!

It's a flippin' cat hair! Cats, and their fur. They take over.

51764162952_334d557a42_c.jpg

Out you go to take the photos all over again...

There is always a bright side. At least I can pretend it's the cat's hair and not mine.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Merry Christmas to you all, and all your feline friends - hope they get all the treats they love.....!! :)

Keith & JJ

IMG_20200815_164424258

And with a bit of luck he might even let you use his chair occasionally!

• Haha 4

- Aliens do exist; she's one and I met  them........ I just escape desintegration..

xhy1EL.jpg

zxrKYQ.jpg

- Watch your six Alf your time as cat eater is over - Asta la vista Baby........!

( Well seriously it not a trick or some photoshop job....Only the flashlight of my camera reflected by its eyes)

• Like 1
  • Haha 10