Cats, they're taking over. Part 3

Skodadriver

Mine used to do that on the back of the sofa and used to ruin the cloth tried to stop him but he wouldn't take a blind bit of notice...One day i realized if you rubbed his back gently enough and long enough he used to fall asleep,when gravity took over he soon stopped....

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

47 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

I have recently discovered that this is called a ‘blep’

Is it still called a Blep when a dog does it? Our Border Collie pup does it all the time...

IanJ

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

I have recently discovered that this is called a ‘blep’

Blep

Trevor

Is it in age thing?

Our cat's 17 (we think) and he started doing that a lot the past 3 or 4 year.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, -Ian- said:

Is it in age thing?

Not necessarily an age thing, Jonesy, the younger one above does it quite a bit, but Marty never has that I'm aware of.

Steve.

12 hours ago, -Ian- said:

Is it in age thing?

Allie never (to our knowledge) did it in her youth, but seems to have started in the last 12 months.

Trevor

• Haha 1

The handsome fellow on the left goes by the name of Cruz, he resides in Santa Monica with our son and our son's girl fried. Although Cruz has had a problem with his right eye for some time it didn't cause him any problems until a little over a month ago when it got infected. The vet decided to remove the eye and I am happy to report that Cruz has completely recovered from the procedure and is back to his normal rascally self. I believe the only issue he had was getting him to the surgery for the procedure and the follow up visit. And yeah the old guy on the right is me, Cruz and I were preparing for a nap after our Thanksgiving meal when this was shot was taken. 

IMG_2104

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Billy54 said:

The handsome fellow on the left goes by the name of Cruz, he resides in Santa Monica with our son and our son's girl fried. Although Cruz has had a problem with his right eye for some time it didn't cause him any problems until a little over a month ago when it got infected. The vet decided to remove the eye and I am happy to report that Cruz has completely recovered from the procedure and is back to his normal rascally self. I believe the only issue he had was getting him to the surgery for the procedure and the follow up visit. And yeah the old guy on the right is me, Cruz and I were preparing for a nap after our Thanksgiving meal when this was shot was taken. 

IMG_2104

Kind of him to let you share his chair.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

In a step towards normality, while loads of people were at Telford I was in Doncaster at my first cat show since just before lockdown started. It was Tolvs first show in 20 months...

spacer.png

...and Eir's first show ever as she was born during lockdown. 

spacer.png

They were two of ten Norsvana (the cattery they came from) cats at the show and we all did rather well.

spacer.png

Andy

• Like 11

Lovely cats and well done for the awards but the signs on the cages are a bit misleading what they should say is 'Anyone that's daft enough to try and stroke them and gets scratched gets all they ask for,i mean you wouldn't try it with an Alsatian....

• Haha 3

Here's a pair that are doing a fairly decent job of ignoring each other! 

p?i=3cd82ff7265e11cc58589e81519c5e07

Tabby on the left has been coming to see us for almost 2 yrs now. He's turned into a really friendly and affectionate chap and follows me about the garden as a dog would and he likes to sit at my side when i'm out.

The one on the right is a fairly recent addition to the cat mafia. I call him little squeak cos thats what his meow sounds like. He's a proper stray and was in a bit of a sorry state at first. He would come no where near me and ran up to the plate, snatch food off and then run away to eat it. Now he gets fed regular he's become a real brute of a cat and is bigger than Tabby. He now head bumps my hand when i feed him and smooches my legs. Am wary of him though as he's rather skittish at times...

Regards,

Steve

Edited by fatfingers
  • Like 7
  • Haha 3