Cats, they're taking over. Part 3

Skodadriver

Vince, so sad... cherish the memories... 

We have had 2 cats leave us, each time was hard. 

So to make sure we will suffer more, we now have 2 cats.. 

I love them both to bits. 

spacer.png

They seem to want to sleep where I like to sit... 

So I leave them be and sit somewhere else.. naturally. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 224 Peter said:

So I leave them be and sit somewhere else.. naturally.

Ours likes to sleep on my modelling chair - I use him as an excuse as to why it takes me so long to build anything..... :)

Keith

• Haha 9

What has this to do about cats you might ask, quite a lot in fact.

IMG20210714154732

A recent purchase of Mrs Hnz & already it has been upended by our two tame vandals, or so I thought but it might have been just the one of them. I emerged from a post night shift sleep this afternoon to see it upside down in the front hall again. Bloody cats was the thought as I headed for a coffee & breakfast leaving it where it was. I was harassed by the older one as I fixed my porridge but it dawned on me we were missing one. A quick search failed to reveal him & a bit of panic set in, checking bedrooms, linen cupboard & hall cupboard & eventually basement to see if he'd been shut down there, the rest of the household all being out. Nothing. Eventually as I made my way to recheck the bedrooms, I thought I should put the thing above upright, at which time a small brown cat emerged, totally nonplussed at his experience. Had I been a bit wider awake, I might have a/. twigged it sooner & b/. been ready to photograph it. Oh well. As it was I cracked up big time. :)

Steve.

• Haha 9

On 7/21/2021 at 6:58 PM, Beermonster1958 said:

Amun. My 3 year old. He's by far the biggest moggy I have ever had but, despite his size he is very gentle and, just craves attention!! My partner fell in love with him at first sight and, he is now "her wee boy"! With large size, goes large weight and, I'm convinced he is made of articulated concrete!! When he tramples all over you, you have been SERIOUSLY trampled on !🤣

A beautiful looking cat, I'm most partial to an all black cat, nothing to do with our rugby team either, just like the look. Does he purr with a Glaswegian accent? ;) :D

Steve.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

I'm most partial to an all black cat,

I read somewhere recently that all black cats are apparently the most difficult to rehome in the UK - because people associate them with witches.....!! Some people are too daft to have any colour cat!

Keith

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

I read somewhere recently that all black cats are apparently the most difficult to rehome in the UK - because people associate them with witches.....!! Some people are too daft to have any colour cat!

Keith

That was certainly an historic problem according to Cats Protection. They started National Black Cat Day a while ago and it seems to have been quite successful. 

• Like 4

I was in the middle of my usual early morning commune with nature/BM catch-up when Rudi joined me via the open bathroom window. He'd obviously had a hard night terrorising the local wildlife and felt he was entitled to a good kip. Luckily, he found a cosy spot to settle in to.

51327737318_7d34270e88_c.jpg

Personally, I would have thought this was "where angels fear to tread" territory but he seemed really happy with his new digs and was purring fit to bust.

51328256754_09157341a4_c.jpg

Craig.

• Haha 18

14 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I'm most partial to an all black cat

Same here.

Over the past few days of hot weather here in dear old Blighty, i've had to make extra sure none of the local cat mafia are ligged out under the car in the shade. Yesterday i was on my way out to get boss from work and had a squint under the car. Lo and behold there were 3 of em using it as a sun shade! These being Charlie and Ted who are a neighbours and a stray we feed called patch - due to having a black patch of fur over one eye. Patch legged it as soon as he saw me. The other two however steadfastly refused to shift.  Ended up starting car and giving the gas pedal a couple of taps which soon got them moving 😀

Regards,

Steve

• Like 7

One of the local hooligans in the garden demandin attention. This is Ted...

p?i=fbe8b9eea5e93008801e0dcb9f5d20cb

He only likes to have a fuss when the sun is shining. Rest of the time he usually looks at me with total disgust! 😲

Regards,

Steve

• Like 14

On 7/21/2021 at 11:11 PM, keefr22 said:

Keith

Supposedly they're still harder to rehome for a typically 21st century reason, because black cats don't photograph as well they don't appeal to the sort of people who like to plaster their lives over social media.

Edited by -Ian-
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, -Ian- said:

Supposedly they're still harder to rehome for a typically 21st century reason, because black cats don't photograph as well they don't appeal to the sort of people who like to plaster their lives over social media.

That's another reason why such people should never be allowed to have any animal....

• Like 5