Cats, they're taking over. Part 3

Skodadriver

8 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

Merry is starting to look noticeably older but she's still pretty sprightly, no doubt helped by sleeping for about sixteen hours a day. It's a hard life!

51204162326_ba20067e26_c.jpg

Sixteen hours of sleep only? She doesn't beat our Musty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

In the last month or so, it's been quite busy here, blue tits have found the nesting box and raised their two offspring. 

Today was the launch day for the youngsters -I've been busy keeping magpies and jays away. 

Hungry lot!

y4mBxGKDq00KTVhtwD6bhbF8Rzu3DY-62pbCu9t2

Peekaboo...

y4mnlAfYqPCF0utsvKQuDgiQNHVIBCOpwCZ_7Hxl

Time to go boldly go where young blue tits do whatever it is they do

y4mXSI00lQdwN4mBoUMz_jeGwamehjF0xJKUCdBg

The little blighter sitting at easy snack height...

y4mS9bhPZ-u-UdZ-6_oHYBdn-CuvBan7a7Ly-wgw

But is our Saffire interested? 

Noooooo.... Kibble is much more to her liking.

y4mlDifS3m3EtQZ2900ksgwpsXZJfXKPfaebG7xD

:P

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

Disney could probably make a film about this,my cat's hips aren't brilliant so spends most of his time outside in front of the house which faces south,over the last couple of years i've let the back garden become a bit over grown for the birds/hedgehogs etc but what i wasn't expecting to see was Rabbits in the long grass having a nap....I just hope for now the cat doesn't decide to go and have a mooch....

• Like 6

Now that it’s getting warmer, Allie has changed her routine somewhat. She’s a house cat btw. She will spend the day under our dining room table on a chair away from the sun. At night she has now found that our bath is cooler and can often be found in there at the shallow end away from the shower head (she may not be the sharpest Swann Morton blade in my toolbox, but she’s not daft!)

Trevor, Allie’s designated human

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

A couple nights ago I was putting out the rubbish quite late when I saw something at the edge of my vision.  Turning I was just in time to see a ginger cat running into the house.  Now I like cats, although SWMBO isn't too keen, however I didn't particularly want to entertain one for the rest of the evening.  SWMBO saw the cat run under a coffee table in the corner of the room, one of the more inaccessible corners, owing to the furniture layout.  Getting down on to the floor I could just see the cat huddled up in the corner. Tried coaxing it out, but it wasn't having any of it, so it was time to move furniture, etc.  Whilst doing this I thought I saw the cat run back out and checking under the coffee table showed no cat.  'Fair enough', I though, 'it's gone', and didn't think any more about it.  The following night I was sat reading when I heard a faint 'Meow'.  'Can't be', I thought.  I looked again under the coffee table, and there it was, in the corner again.  Sigh.  Moving the furniture again, SWMBO saw it run out and hide behind the dressing table next to the bookcase.  Not too difficult to access I managed to get hold of it and lift it out, whereupon it wriggled free and back under the coffee table!  Luckily I had already moved most of the clutter and managed to lie down and extract the cat from the corner.  Withdrawing cat, I started to get to my feet when the cat displayed it's displeasure at being held, fortunately only drawing blood in three places.  Now free, the cat ran into the opposite corner of the room, behind the table and armchair.  (I should make it clear we have a lot of furniture in the room, SWMBO likes furniture.)  After spending a few minutes staunching the blood and swearing I shifted everything and managed to extract the cat, On this occasion no blood was drawn, just some picturesque scratches being received.  SWMBO had opened the back door on my instructions and I was able to release the cat which left at a rate of knots.  It ran to the end of the garden, looked back at me, obviously memorising my face for future reference, and left over the back fence.  

I still like cats.  Honestly.

Edited by 593jones
  • Like 8
  • Haha 3

A few years ago a neighours cat got in mid morning (name was Milo,the grip from the jaws it should've been Mako) who was part Siamese and hid behind the sofa,they were at work so had to put up with him 'till about 4pm when one got home from work...I've never heard so much hissing/snarling/meowing from a cat in my life,she came in called out his name,he ran over and she picked him up like nothing had happened....

• Like 9

4 hours ago, airfixpeter said:

this is meant to be a lady. 

Not a very ladylike pose. :D

DSCF3212

Our two enjoying winter, not that it was especially cold, just grey & cheerless & someone I know quite well thinks there is nothing like a nice cosy fire to cheer one up. :) 

Steve.

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, John Laidlaw said:

So sorry for your loss. He looked like a wonderful fellow.

Thanks John,to be honest i was expecting it sooner rather than later,took him to the vet last year with hip problems which developed into muscle weakness which meant he couldn't move around easily so one thing leads to another...

• Sad 2

Trevor, Allie’s designated human

Hi, sorry if this is a bit late but our cat did this sitting in the bath thing a few years ago. We mentioned it to a friend who has several cats and she said, straightaway, it's got a urine infection. Off to the vets and sure enough she had. They press their genetals against the cold surface to get relief from the discomfort. Obvious in hindsight but I'd never have worked it out for myself. Worth looking into if it's changed behaviour. Hope that's useful. 😀

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

Had to have the little fella put down yesterday he had liver problems, RIP buddy.

Sorry to hear the news Vince. We've been down that road three times so far and it doesn't get any easier even when it isn't unexpected. The photos are lovely and you will still have happy memories of the fun, companionship and everything else you shared.

Dave G

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

doesn't get any easier even when it isn't unexpected.

His appointment was 2:30 on friday,thursday he spent all day in a neighbours garden on the lawn and under bushes so i was taking food around but he didn't eat that much,went to get him at twenty to two and he saw me meowed got up and walked around six feet then fell over and my heart sank....

• Sad 8