Cats, they're taking over. Part 3

Skodadriver

Last Friday, I became a reluctant adoptive father to yet another Burmese cat, another wee tom kitten because it had been deemed that our first one needed company. From the reaction in the first few days, he was not convinced of that, Marty is now just on 18 months old & the new one Jonesy(Ripley's cat) just on 3 months old, cat wars were a thing in our household. I was at work for the first few days but even the evenings were fairly torrid. On Monday, my first day off, I was left alone with them & was completely traumatised by the time the day was done. The next couple of days saw much more acceptance from Marty & then yesterday a breakthrough. Marty was asleep on my sons bed when Jonesy joined him. They spent several hours like this, the aspect of the photo makes Jonesy, the near one look bigger than he is, their heads give a better idea of relative size.

IMG20210512184241

Last night as did my thing on Britmodeller I was joined at the computer by Jonesy who proceeded to swarm up my arm & perch across my shoulders.

IMG_20210513_112339

Comfortable for him maybe, me, not so much. :D

Edited to add this photo to show the difference a day makes, 24 little hours in fact, working things out but Marty still not quite reconciled by the look of his face. :D

DSCF3184

Steve.

• Like 19

That is splendid, Steve. They must have finally agreed on their boundaries... much to everyone's relief, I imagine. Jonesy looks like a splendid young fellow, and I am sorry in advance for your future back/neck issues.

• Haha 4

On 5/13/2021 at 2:23 AM, stevehnz said:

Last night as did my thing on Britmodeller I was joined at the computer by Jonesy who proceeded to swarm up my arm & perch across my shoulders.

IMG_20210513_112339

Got a carbon copy here.

When she was born, I was about to name her FS36118, but I changed my mind at the last second.

Blue, she's a cream, and she just turned two.

blue_d10.jpg

• Like 11

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

She's lovely and has hypnotic eyes....!! :)

Keith

Indeed! 

I believe she's a goddess reincarnated, cross bred with a battery cell.

Capable to jump on the spot as high as one meter ans half without runup!

Here she is again, with her brother Tomcat.

Sadly Tomcat is no longer with us, having left this world one month ago.

I miss you Tomcat...

19101511.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 8

I'll be she misses Tomcat too. Our two are currently curled up together on a lounge chair, they're inseparable now, the Marty, the older one does get ticked off with Jonesy at times, Jonesy is showing signs of becoming the dominant one & that can lead to frustration with inevitable results. :(  I still miss our black & white who passed over over two years ago now, he was sooo cruisey.  :)

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

My little helpers. Tolv (the silver) is two next month so is about half grown. Eir (the little brown one) was one last week. She has quite a bit of growing to do.

spacer.png

Andy

• Like 12

They're lovely, gorgeous colours - do they let you brush them to keep their coats looking good? Ours is a shorthair and the missus insists on trying to brush him - he flatly refuses to co-operate!

Keith

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

They're lovely, gorgeous colours - do they let you brush them to keep their coats looking good? Ours is a shorthair and the missus insists on trying to brush him - he flatly refuses to co-operate!

Keith

Tolv loves being groomed and is very patient - we make a game of it which helps. Eir likes the idea but about 30 seconds is her limit then it's "Nope, important cat stuff to do now" :D

Andy

• Haha 5

On 3/9/2021 at 1:59 PM, jhutchi said:

We have 3 and it seems like 20 sometimes.

The one under the umbrella looks like our Elsie. 

On 5/14/2021 at 10:26 AM, airfixpeter said:

Does this remind you of anyone. 

Perhaps as smart as Einstein too?

As much as I enjoy the Airplane RFI and Rumormonger, both of which I view daily, I thoroughly enjoy coming back to this thread from time to time to see the photos and read about the cat lovers at Britmodeler. Keep this thread going. It's heart warming.

• Like 4

Merry is starting to look noticeably older but she's still pretty sprightly, no doubt helped by sleeping for about sixteen hours a day. It's a hard life!

51204162326_ba20067e26_c.jpg

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

Merry is starting to look noticeably older but she's still pretty sprightly, no doubt helped by sleeping for about sixteen hours a day. It's a hard life!

And some wonder why some of us humans say we'd like to live a cat's life ...

• Like 3