Cats, they're taking over. Part 3

Skodadriver

• 2 weeks later...

Our Marty never fails to amaze us whilst at the same time holding us hostage. Being a designated house cat, something I'm in two minds about, on the one hand he should be able to roam but when we see him in full on hunting mode out on our balcony, I shudder to think what he could actually do to the bird life around here.

IMG20200815121430

There was probably a sparrow on the fence below him. He has shown no sign of wanting to jump down, yet, about 8' at its lowest.

His posture while sleeping totally blows me away, he seems happy to spend ages asleep with a 180 degree twist in his spine, it makes me hurt to look at it.

IMG20210117172216

Burmese are reputed to be great climbers & our guy is no exception, we often find him atop the fridge, plate cupboard & range hood. I just hope the latter is stressed for landing by a 5 kg cat.

IMG20210117115302

He travels to there from the kitchen window sill down where he is peering, comes & goes with great grace. The duck is as yet unmolested. :D

This last photo was snapped by my wife, her phone seems to have a different aspect ratio than mine. He spent quite a while watching the comings & goings of these giant ants, on the Attenborough, "Perfect Planet" series I think.

0333672acf0521794590de69bc92bb4a.0

We love him to bits, even though he can be a cruel master at times, especially when he is hungry & the staff are a bit tardy. :D

Steve.

• Like 18

15 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Our Marty never fails to amaze us whilst at the same time holding us hostage. Being a designated house cat, something I'm in two minds about, on the one hand he should be able to roam but when we see him in full on hunting mode out on our balcony, I shudder to think what he could actually do to the bird life around here.

IMG20200815121430

There was probably a sparrow on the fence below him. He has shown no sign of wanting to jump down, yet, about 8' at its lowest.

His posture while sleeping totally blows me away, he seems happy to spend ages asleep with a 180 degree twist in his spine, it makes me hurt to look at it.

IMG20210117172216

Burmese are reputed to be great climbers & our guy is no exception, we often find him atop the fridge, plate cupboard & range hood. I just hope the latter is stressed for landing by a 5 kg cat.

IMG20210117115302

He travels to there from the kitchen window sill down where he is peering, comes & goes with great grace. The duck is as yet unmolested. :D

This last photo was snapped by my wife, her phone seems to have a different aspect ratio than mine. He spent quite a while watching the comings & goings of these giant ants, on the Attenborough, "Perfect Planet" series I think.

0333672acf0521794590de69bc92bb4a.0

We love him to bits, even though he can be a cruel master at times, especially when he is hungry & the staff are a bit tardy. :D

Steve.

Ditto

50904856318_320ddcb28f_b.jpg

Trevor, Allie’s designated human

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

Mine saw the Big Garden Birdwatch ad on the telly a couple of days ago,he went nuts i thought the little fella was going to have a nervous breakdown....

Ditto.  For a moment I thought mine was going to head-butt the screen, which raises the question of what the insurance claim would look like.  I have no idea how she stopped in time, she certainly shot off doing 0 - 60 in 0.69 seconds from dozing on the chair.

• Haha 4

The cold weather drove a housefly to move from the attic and into the living room, and that caused quite a commotion.

The cat was mesmerized by it, but the fly kept buzzing around bumping into the ceiling in the extremely irritating way the common housefly does, so it was well outside his reach until it landed just under the ceiling and the cat got desperate...

• Like 8
  • Haha 9

Sent to me by my sister who lives in Germany

50929252091_20cf976418_c.jpg

My rough translation is the saint says to God "The Earth is descending into chaos! How come you're doing nothing?" and God replies "How come? Because the cat is sleeping".

Nice to think there are cats in heaven. Mind you it wouldn't be heaven without them!

• Like 11

I can't claim such an important task to have delayed by a cat but on several occasions, I've used the napping habits of our Marty for not having made the bed when I've had a day off & Mrs Hnz has been at work. Truthfully too. :D

Steve.

• Haha 7

Since Ellie left home  in August Wilf has started sharing out his favours when it comes to sleeping. My sons room has been favoured as the bed is next to the radiator and our bed is popular in the day time as the room gets the sun. His latest favoured spot is one of the sofas in the sitting room. This evening he came and sat and stared at me as if to say 'you are sitting where I want to sleep'. Needless to say the moment I moved to get my tea, he was on the sofa and settled into the corner with a satisfied look on his face and a bonus that I had warmed it up for him. I think that as a result of being homeless, he loves being warm to a greater degree than any other cat we have had. 

• Like 10

We lost our chap today 

Buster, aged 14, nearly 15. He'd been loosing weight and was beginning to labour when breathing. X ray showed tumours on his chest. We'd been keeping in touch with the vet and after a chat this morning, made the decision that today was the day. Would have preferred to have him put down at home but thanks to Covid, it had to be at the clinic. For a cat who hated vets, he was pretty relaxed and coped very well, which I think shows just how tired he was.

Anyway......

spacer.png

Cape Town, 2010

spacer.png

Back in the UK, exploring cupboards, 2020

spacer.png

This morning, enjoying the sun.

Missing him hugely

Pete

• Sad 19