Cats, they're taking over. Part 3

Skodadriver

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

Some people.... :rant:

Looks like he's landed on his feet (sorry) though.... :)

Keith

He's fitting in just fine. Him and Muppet are slowing getting along ( mostly ignoring each other ). Boots is really liking all the pets and scratches he gets from us and all the good comfy places to sleep. And the windows! He loves just sitting and looking out the window. We live on a moderately busy T intersection, across the street from an elementary school and a main bus route through the area. There is a green belt across the street with lots of birds, foxes and the occasional deer. The deer come into my front yard to eat the berries off the rowan tree. Lots for him to see.

Chris

• Like 6

2 hours ago, dogsbody said:

50625383011_6becc86142_b.jpg

He is a lovely looking chap Chris, very like our previous one which we lost near two years ago. I still miss him.

I had another basement adventure with our Burmese Marty last night. He had slipped through the door too quick to stop & as I was due to pick up our youngest from his job, I needed to retrieve him. He'd gone under my wife's car so, knowing his attraction to shopping bags, I lay one on it's side near the car, holding the top handle up to keep the bag open. Some scratching on a cartoon behind the bag was too much for him. He shot into the bag, I grabbed the other handle & carried him upstairs, his head poking out & a puzzled look on his face as though to say, how the hell did this happen. Job done :)

Steve.

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

Had to take our ginger tom JJ to the vet today as he's been off his food, lethargic and sleeping even more than usual. So the vet was doing the usual pulling up the skin behind his neck, feeling for lumps in his belly etc, and to his credit JJ is just calmly standing on the examination table with me holding him letting the vet get on with it. Then the vet says - I'm going to take his temperature - and no word of a lie JJ immediately snuggles up to me and firmly sat down - I swear he knew where that thermometer was going....!! And he was right and he didn't like it! 🤣

Luckily after blood tests the vet pronounced that he was pretty fit for a twelve year old cat and put it down to an undiagnosed infection, gave him anti-inflamitory and long lasting antibiotic injections, and after getting him home JJ was eating like a horse again!

Keith

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Our two. Well, our eldest daughter's two, but she lives with us now.

First is Muppet. He's almost 9 and she's had him since he was a wee kitten. He's been here for 5.5 years.

50625482967_5040dedf73_b.jpg

Next is Boots. He's a shelter cat that's been with us for 8 months. As near as can be said, he's 11. He was found abandoned in a house after the family moved away.

50625383011_6becc86142_b.jpg

Chris

Good to see a pair of cats in typical pose - hard at work ...

And Boots may not have been abandoned by his previous owners. He may have decided that he didn't like his new digs, and moved back to where he wanted to be. Cats have an uncanny knack of doing things like that, even over great distances. Be that as it may, things have obviously panned out well for him!

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No gift for Musty this year, except for some "delicatessen" to eat.

Indeed, faithful to the cattitude (cat logic?), he found his happiness in advance when the boxes in which the gifts came were unpacked.

He wishes a Meowy Christmas to everyone, as we do.

spacer.png

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

A couple of days ago after my wife had left early for work ( she is a postnatal nurse) I awoke to mind Marty, the Burmese curled up on her side of the bed, bugger I thought, I don't have to can't make it now or I would disturb him. After dressing I pulled back the curtains to find he'd adjusted his position slightly. 

IMG_20201225_185605

Will you shut those flipping curtains again, mate. :D 

Today, as my wife began to set the table for Christmas dinner, he decided to help out, right into the spirit of things. 

It was a nice day as you might see through the window. :) 

IMG_20201225_184833

It was hard to get annoyed at him. :)

Steve.

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

I'm convinced there are schools run by older cats to teach the youngsters how to be pig headed/stubborn/awkward,i can just imagine half a dozen cats being taught by and elder "Here's seven good ideas to annoy them but #3 expect to hear shouting and be called a few names,be very carefull with #7 if done to many times you might find yourself in an animal shelter waiting for another slave"....

• Haha 9

Well cats are in my past now. After five and a half years of living on a farm with up to thirty farm cats I haven't seen one in weeks now. Painting is so much easier now I don't have to fight off the flying fur and cats trying to jump on the bench while I'm spraying. It was an interesting experience watching the family grow and interacting.  They are very different to house cats. I saw three generations be born and die during my time there. By the time I left there where only two cats left that were there when I arrived.

• Like 4