Cats, they're taking over. Part 3

Skodadriver

About 3 years ago,our cat had a very bad case of constipation.Took her to the vets to remedy the issue.A shot of something was squirted directly into her nether region,and the vet said I had probably 20 minutes to get her home and into the garden before the inevitable happened.No worries,only lived a 5 minute drive from the vets.Bundled her into cat basket and placed it on the passenger seat.As soon as I pulled out of the vets car park,there was a low growling coming from the cat basket,and then the most awful pungent smell pervaded the inner car space.Even with the window open the stench was terrible.My wife said I was a lurid green colour by the time I got home.

• Haha 7

15 hours ago, John Laidlaw said:

Horrifying, isn't it?

Enough to never forget to take some baking soda with you everytime you go for a ride with your cat ...... or buy a convertible.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

27 October was National Black Cat Day in the UK.

Apparently rescue organisations find black cats difficult to rehome which seems strange when you look at the photo of Percy.

Having been lucky enough to be owned by black cats before, I was overjoyed to meet Percy.

People are strange, though.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, John Laidlaw said:

Having been lucky enough to be owned by black cats before, I was overjoyed to meet Percy.

People are strange, though.

I have never shared my life with a black cat but my sister has been owned by two. The first one (female) was stand-offish and not a cat I warmed to although sis was besotted with her. The second one (male) was great - relaxed, easy going, friendly, funny and great company. Sadly he died in August but when sis decides to fill the cat-shaped hole in her life the new incumbent probably stands an 80% chance of being black. They seem to be addictive!

• Like 3

Mine were littermates, although one was fostered by the mother cat rather than being a sibling. One male (Brian), one female (May). May was utterly sweet, but her own cat. Brian was my best friend, friendly to all, intelligent, and comical to boot. Broke my heart when he died aged seven from cancer.

Percy is already reminding me of him, but has strict instructions to live forever, as does Olive.

• Like 5

Ahem. The vet, Dr. Tom, called yesterday to give the kittens the once over - they passed with flying colours, so we're very happy.

The only thing is that Olive now wishes to be called Oliver. Just goes to show how much I know, even after 50-years of having cats, and that tabby dazzle camouflage clearly works well 😁. Percy is still Percy, though.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

At long last I have a picture of Wilf to put up. He is, about five years old now and we have had him since December 2018. We know very little about him other than he was brought into our local vet by a woman whose garden he had been living rough in for about three months and was in a poor state as apparently allergic to fleas. One of the staff at the vets is a friend of my children and knew we wanted a new cat and there was talk of Wilf bring put down as no one seemed to want him. Ellie went to see him and it was love at first sight. He was neutered but not chipped and was obviously used to being in a home. He loves to b e cuddled, but will stand up for himself. The look is a typical Wilf one of 'where is my food slave?' 

Wilf 1Nov2020

Edited by Mr T
  • Like 12

On 10/28/2020 at 2:57 AM, John Laidlaw said:

olive windowsill adjusted

Olive(r) looks to be going to be a handful. Look at that innocent face! 

Be scared of all the evil plans going around in that head...

:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, alt-92 said:

Olive(r) looks to be going to be a handful. Look at that innocent face! 

Be scared of all the evil plans going around in that head...

:P

You're right - he's turning out to be a thinker. Fortunately his evil plans revolve around convincing me that he hasn't eaten recently and that he's starving to death. Oh well 😁.

• Haha 4

A small tale regarding our Burmese Marty. He celebrated his 1st birthday the other day & a quick weighing showed him to be 4.6kg, a very solid & fit young man. We (she) tend to be quite protective of him & unaccompanied trips outside are not on the agenda, we live on a busyish road with traffic whipping along it. I had admitted him to the basement where he likes to prowl but then realised my older son would be coming in soon which might have let Marty out, not worth the hassles from She, so I headed down to retrieve him. He had me figured so disappeared in behind some stuff &  under an easy chair currently stored there till the day (decade?) I get my office/hobby room/ man cave established. I got down on all fours to peer under the chair to try & locate him & as I did so, became aware of a small furry figure under my chest also peering intently under the chair as though to say, "so, what are we looking for here?" In between fits of laughter, I scooped him up & took him out of harms way. I'm still chuckling about it, the easiest retrieval yet. Curiosity sure did get the cat. :)

Steve.

• Haha 10

• 2 weeks later...

Our two. Well, our eldest daughter's two, but she lives with us now.

First is Muppet. He's almost 9 and she's had him since he was a wee kitten. He's been here for 5.5 years.

50625482967_5040dedf73_b.jpg

Next is Boots. He's a shelter cat that's been with us for 8 months. As near as can be said, he's 11. He was found abandoned in a house after the family moved away.

50625383011_6becc86142_b.jpg

Chris

• Like 15