Cats, they're taking over. Part 3

Skodadriver

Hello fellow cat modellers.

spacer.png

This is Paul, recently turned 5, we adoptes him last year from the Cat Protection. A very very shy indoor cat it took him a while to be comfortable around us, but is now a perfect lap cat who loves nothing more than lying on his humans.

He's not too enthused with all these boxes he's not allowed to sit in though.

spacer.png

• Like 14

Could have been my bloke! One lunchtime about a year before he died he dragged in no less than six rabbit kittens, one after the other. Made an awful mess on the carpet in the hall, but I couldn't rouse on him - he was, after all, doing his bit to eliminate the local vermin!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Beermonster1958 said:

I used to have a huge ginger Tom cat like this. Now, sadly deceased  but, I reckon no Alien would have dared to go near him!😂. He was a cat with attitude!!

Talking of cats with attitude, the one in the picture reminds me strongly of Rufus who, as a small kitten, had acquired my parents about six years before I was born and who features prominently in my earliest memories. He grew up to be big, ginger, slightly scary-looking, a bit deranged and absolutely without fear. Anything up to the size of a German Shepherd which dared invade his territory would be summarily dealt with, mice were beneath his dignity as long as rats, rabbits and the odd stoat were available. Aliens would have been no problem. He was great fun with us humans but with his thuggish tendencies outside the home it's surprising that he died of old age a couple of weeks short of his 21st birthday.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Beermonster1958 said:

I used to have a huge ginger Tom cat like this. Now, sadly deceased  but, I reckon no Alien would have dared to go near him!😂. He was a cat with attitude!!

If only Jonesy had caught the little bugger, there would have only been one movie concerning Alien.

• Haha 5

We also had a ginger tom called Rocky due to him having an extra toe on each front paw. This made him look like he was wearing boxing gloves. He was a brute of a cat that used to knack the German Shepherd we had at the time. Dog would be cozy in front of fire. Along comes Rocky and he would swipe the dog on the back of an ear. Dog would lift her head to see what was going on and the cat would be in and lay where the dogs head previously was. They would then both snuggle up together. He was a big softy really but he would stand his ground with any local moggies... and the bin wagon too! 

Regards 

Steve

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Rick Brown said:

What is it with cats?

Brand new carpet laid yesterday. 

It took our Cookie about 30 minutes before she threw up on it!

Rick.

Can only asume she dosen't like your choice of new carpet! 🤮

Regards 

Steve

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, fatfingers said:

Can only asume she dosen't like your choice of new carpet! 🤮

Regards 

Steve

That'll teach me for not consulting her in the first place.

Rick.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, PattheCat said:

In space no xenomorph can hear you meow ....

...or ....In space, with this cat, no one will hear xenomorph scream...

B.R.

Serge

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Aardvark said:

B.R.

Serge

Yup, should have added "..... until it's too late"

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, PattheCat said:
17 hours ago, Aardvark said:
19 hours ago, PattheCat said:

In space no xenomorph can hear you meow ....

Yup, should have added "..... until it's too late"

And now we know the depth of the horror that the xenomorph experienced at the end:

763979_main.jpg

😁

B.R.

Serge

P.S.

763981_main.jpg

Where are  my food?

😁

Edited by Aardvark
  • Haha 9

• 2 weeks later...

After well over a year without our gorgeous old cats, we've been presented with the opportunity to be ruled by another pair of feline overlords. A friend of ours found a small litter of kittens living in the parking lot at work - her daughter has been claimed by one, and today we'll travel north to be claimed by the other two. We haven't yet met them, so unless they take an instant dislike to us, we'll be bringing them home. We don't know whether they're male, female, or one of each, so no names as yet.

What have we let ourselves in for? Here they are from yesterday deciding our friend should not be reading a book:

Grandkittens

• Like 12

Wilf, our coming up to five year old rescue cat (was living in a garden for several months, but had obviously been lost as was neutered but not chipped) likes to remind us that he still knows how to look after himself. He does this by defending his territory against a much  bigger and frankly very nasty cat that will even go for humans. He excelled himself last week by dragging in a full grown pigeon and starting to eat it at the bottom of the stairs. He is not a large cat, but unafraid (except cars and vacuum cleaners). 

• Like 5

On 10/6/2020 at 1:46 PM, Rick Brown said:

What is it with cats?

Brand new carpet laid yesterday. 

It took our Cookie about 30 minutes before she threw up on it!

Rick.

Get this stuff

https://www.dr-beckmann.co.uk/product/carpet-stain-remover/

It gets rid of hair balls etc absolutely no problem. As if it was made for cat owners.

Trevor

• Thanks 1

We brought the wee ones home on Friday. It was a bit traumatic in that one of them had a bit of an accident shortly after we were on the road home, and I hope I never have to sit in a car that smells like that ever again. But, poor little mites - it wasn't their fault. However, in a lovely tip of the hat to the much-missed Henry and Newt, we ended up travelling past where we rescued them from in 2002. Bittersweet, but lovely.

Anyway, here are the new ones, named Olive:

olive windowsill adjusted

And Percy:

percy windowsill adjusted

They are finally beginning to explore the house, and are the sweetest souls. Percy in particular starts purring if you simply look in his direction.

• Like 16