Cats, they're taking over. Part 3

Skodadriver

Steve, if Aslan was the size of a labrador I'd be very, very frightened. 

He kills, as all big cats do, by a throat hold, choking the prey to death. 

At the moment he is sleeping on his chair in the greenhouse....!

• Like 1

God's Creation of the Cat

On the first day of creation, God created the cat.

On the second day, God created man to serve the cat.

On the third day, God created all the animals of the earth to serve as potential food for the cat.

On the fourth day, God created honest toil so that man could labor for the good of the cat.

On the fifth day, God created the sparkle ball so that the cat might or might not play with it.

On the sixth day, God created veterinary science to keep the cat healthy, and the man broke.

On the seventh day, God tried to rest, but he had to scoop the litter box.

(Thanks to atimetolaugh.org)

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

Give me a cat! Your cat is so dirty!  I need to wash your cat!

😁😁

B.R.

Serge

P.S.

On 5/4/2020 at 3:46 PM, fatfingers said:

Can see why you called him Aslan....

A superficial analysis of Wikipedia

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aslan_(disambiguation)

suggests that this name is most common among football players:

"- Aslan Dashayev (born 1989), Russian footballer

- Aslan Datdeyev (born 1973), Russian footballer

- Aslan Doguzov (born 1991), Russian footballer

- Aslan Dudiyev (born 1990), Russian footballer

- Aslan Dyshekov (born 1987), Russian footballer

- Aslan Dzeytov (born 1990), Russian footballer

- Aslan Goplachev (born 1970), Russian footballer and coach

- Aslan Kerimov (born 1973), footballer, most capped Azerbaijan National Football Team

- Aslan Khuriyev (born 1984), Russian footballer

- Aslan Mashukov (born 1984), Russian footballer

- Aslan Zaseev (born 1982), Russian footballer"

....therefore, the fictional lion from the "Chronicle of Narnia" may be completely irrelevant!

😉😁

• Haha 7

• 2 weeks later...

How do chaps,

The local cat Mafia has recruited some new 'muscle' Say hello to Mr Tabby Cat.

Z6KxzC8.jpg

And here he is acting all coy whilst casing the joint. He's under the supervision of the Mafia ring leader Ivan (The Terrible)

ldSIe5M.jpg

First got sight of him a couple of months ago and he was an infrequent visitor that would 'pass through' the garden and take a wazz up the shed! He now visits daily. Not too sure if he's a stray or not as he's very friendly but can be rather skittish. He is 'intact' however so that's what makes me think he's not employed a full time human yet. I do however get the feeling that I've been earmarked for that job! 

Regards,

Steve

Edited by fatfingers
  • Like 11

A very handsome cat Steve. If it comes to live, might be worth having him 'done'. He won't thank for it (would you?)  but  it does suppress some of the less attractive habits of male cats. It certainly has not stopped Wilf from killing pigeons and squaring off against cats much bigger than himself to defend his territory. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr T said:

A very handsome cat Steve. If it comes to live, might be worth having him 'done'. He won't thank for it (would you?)  but  it does suppress some of the less attractive habits of male cats. It certainly has not stopped Wilf from killing pigeons and squaring off against cats much bigger than himself to defend his territory. 

Morning Mr T.

Hope your all keeping well.

If he does 'move in' a trip to the vets will certainly be in the offing for a check up and his bits sorting. Many years ago i was 'employed' by a stray Tom and once he was settled we had him to the vets to be done. He turned out to be a very loyal and affectionate cat who was rather fond of bringing us the occasional long tailed gift! 

Regards,

Steve

• Like 3

Hi Steve we are all well, Alison is kept busy, but it does seem the care homes around here are weathering the storm. Although sadly Covid19 has claimed some victims. Our cat has now decided that he wants to have breakfast and go out when it is getting light and that Alison is the only person who can do this, even when I have got out of bed. 

• Like 1

I think I'm being stalked by an interloper in my garden.

jGFYHvG.jpg?1

This tortoiseshell and white adolescent has found the perfect spot in a gap in the fence to stalk prey, pidgeons, sparrows, humans.

Stuart

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

My boy is now immortalised on a Viking shield (even has his name on). It's a wall hanging during the current carry on, but is fully functional should suitable events re-emerge.

spacer.png

Also, meet the new addition to the family. This is Eir, another Norwegian Forest Cat, named for the Norse goddess of healing. We could all do with some of that these days, plus my day job is in clinical trials so it seemed a natural fit. She's 2 weeks old today and already has me exactly where she wants me :D

spacer.png

Andy

Edited by Foxbat
  • Like 17

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all the Britmodeler cat lovers for a most enjoyable read and for the wonderful photos. I never thought myself to be a cat person until my oldest daughter, who'd moved in with three cats in trail, decided she needed a place of her own and had to leave the cats with us. My middle daughter, still living at home, fell in love with Teddy, the little male. Callie is the oldest and she loves to eat ... and eat ... and, etc. Elsie is our totally affectionate third kitty and won't let me go to bed without her on the bed. I must have become a cat person. How else to explain having no issues being rousted out of bed at 2:45 in the morning because my masters have decided it IS time to eat.

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Nev said:

They really are strange creatures......

Pretty markings there Nev. Is it an Ocicat? Our guy amused himself in jumping in & out of a carton that I'd just taken delivery of some goodies in. Boxes, bags etc are all fair game it seems.

Steve.

7 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Pretty markings there Nev. Is it an Ocicat? Our guy amused himself in jumping in & out of a carton that I'd just taken delivery of some goodies in. Boxes, bags etc are all fair game it seems.

Steve.

Thanks Steve, she's a Snow Bengal - and like most Bengals, is a handful!  "A cross between a toddler and a puppy" is the best description I have read of the breed!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nev said:

and like most Bengals, is a handful!  "A cross between a toddler and a puppy"

And Burmese if our guy is anything to go by. He is now about 8 months old & has the whole household held to ransom. As daft as a bat & as cunning as a cart load of monkeys when the mood takes him but also very affectionate though I suspect it is mainly cupboard love. :) He is getting his humans trained just the way he wants them. :D 

Steve.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We have two Burmese as well, and had another one for 19 years before them.  They are very affectionate and intelligent cats.  Our blue will play fetch with her toy mice - which she will come and drop at your feet and then yeowl loudly until you throw it for her to go and chase.  Repeat until she gets bored of the game (which can take a while!)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nev said:

They really are strange creatures......

You can say that again,last week i cut the front off a Becks beer case and covered it with white paper for taking photo's like,a pillock i left it on the floor...It's now been 'adopted' because it looks nice 'n' comfy for having a kip...

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, HansReggelsen said:

She learns a LOT! :lol:

spacer.png

...but hopefully not TOO much! :winkgrin:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

I didn't know about the existence of the 4Cat educational channel on the Danish cable.

Thanks Hans.

• Like 2

I've enjoyed this thread & chipped in with the odd comment, now, having mastered(ish) the vagaries of taking photos with phones, xferring them onto flicker, back onto the PC, resizing them & xferring them back to flicker ( I'm sure there is an easier way, learn to resize on my phone maybe ) I'd like you all to meet Marty, as in McFly, Back to the Future etc, a name we could all agree on after tossing around Billy & Jonesy among others. Marty is a just over 8 month pedigree Burmese & a right little handful, curious to a fault, a mad as a box of frogs very often & a cunning as all heck, He has begun to get his humans trained up the way he wants them. Apparently like most of the asian derived breeds, he loves to climb & be high & has decided his rightful place is on the bench, not ideal when one is preparing a meal. We or rather she, started buying cat treats & bribing him down from there, this after spraying with water had virtually zero effect. Now, he jumps onto the bench, stands there expectantly waiting to get scolded & then jumps down & heads straight to the pantry where the treats are kept. Cunning or what, we've created a monster.  As with @Nev's beautiful wee cat above, bags & boxes are grist to his mill, even this one up on the bench after being unpacked after a trip to the supermarket.

50127662863_b540d94c80_b

50128451757_ed01167f3f_b

Here we are in front of the pantry, waiting on a treat. How could one refuse that imploring demanding just bloody well get on with it look. ;) :D 

50128453027_4eff80c128_c

Steve.

• Like 13