Cats, they're taking over. Part 3

Skodadriver

Just now, John Laidlaw said:

A lovely fellow!

Rather confusingly, Mac is a she!

When I got her, she seemed to display more tomboyish behavior and I never bothered looking to check her gender - The first time I discovered that he was a she was when the vet commented that it was an unusual name for a girl, I couldn't be bothered to change the details on the practice computer.

She was booked in immediately for a procedure stopping her having kittens though 🙂

IanJ

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Bonhoff said:

Rather confusingly, Mac is a she!

When I got her, she seemed to display more tomboyish behavior and I never bothered looking to check her gender - The first time I discovered that he was a she was when the vet commented that it was an unusual name for a girl, I couldn't be bothered to change the details on the practice computer.

She was booked in immediately for a procedure stopping her having kittens though 🙂

IanJ

Well, in that case, what a lovely lass! Felix the Huddersfield Station Cat is the same - named as a he, turned out to be a she.

• Like 2

Thought it was time to reveal our masters......

94C0EB16-395F-41B5-9EB6-1EF10D5D8AEB.jpg

We are permitted to live in their house so that we can better serve their every need....

Two Siamese, the Ginger one is Aslan, the seal point is Theo. Both are now 6.... 

• Like 9

As I mentioned earlier we don't have a cat. Although we have three who visit a lot. One a friendly female tabby and two rather nervous young black cats. One with a collar which I very much disapprove of. Dangerous for cats. 

Sometimes all three arrive together which the tabby doesn't like much. So she sees them off. 

I'd love a cat of our own but my wife is no fan sadly. I don't think the tabby would like it either. She approves of the fish tank though. Spends a lot of time staring at it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's not actually a real fish, just the latest thing in catnip toys! They come in various sizes and shapes up to 40cm long - this is the 30cm mackerel which has kept Merry entertained (and high as a kite) for the last couple of days.

48368720102_7bc2c2f529_c.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

• 1 month later...

This is Tolv, a Norwegian Forest Cat who is almost 3 months old. He came to live with me last weekend, so modelling has taken a back seat while we get settled and into a routine.

spacer.png

Pic is of him taking up residence on my work computer where he managed to cut my manager off mid-meeting :D 

Andy

Edited by Foxbat
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tolv the kitten is 5 months old now and entered his first show on Saturday. Placed 2nd in breed behind one of his litter mates and 2nd in both his side classes behind a Maine Coon that took Kitten Best of Show. I'm a bit chuffed :) 

spacer.png

Andy

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, Foxbat said:

Tolv the kitten is 5 months old now and entered his first show on Saturday. Placed 2nd in breed behind one of his litter mates and 2nd in both his side classes behind a Maine Coon that took Kitten Best of Show. I'm a bit chuffed :)

He's wonderful! Congratulations!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, peterairfix said:

Just back from the vet as I had to seek a second opinion and I had a lot more information and more of a positive diagnosis turns out the our grey cat whiskas has kidney problems so it's going to a prescription based diet for the rest of his life 

That's encouraging Peter. Our first cat lived happily for several years after diagnosis of kidney problems. Apart from the prescription diet the only other noticeable change was that she drank large amounts of water which, of course, had to come out at the other end and we had to increase our budget for cat litter!

• Like 6

I have to announce with a very heavy heart and sad news of the passing of my dear friend of only 6 1\2 years whiskas.

He did have kidney problems that he  just never seemed have got over.

Rest in peace my friend.

He was with me when he went so he wasn't alone.spacer.png

• Sad 8

Really sorry to hear that Peter particularly since things didn't seem too bad on Friday. I've lost three cats over the years and people who have never shared their lives with an animal don't understand how hard it is. I join Mark in sending my condolences and best wishes.

Dave G

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1