Cats, they're taking over. Part 3

Skodadriver

1 hour ago, Admiral Puff said:

You mean to tell us that when they sit at the bottom of the ladder demanding access, you don't pick them up and carry them? That's what would have happened with my lot!

Mine would have been up the ladder!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Admiral Puff said:

You mean to tell us that when they sit at the bottom of the ladder demanding access, you don't pick them up and carry them? That's what would have happened with my lot!

NO!! In this house the cats rule in the garden and the 2 floors, but my loft is my loft. 100% cat free so no hairs to get caught up in the paint on my models! 

Hey everyone,

I´m new to this forum and I also love cats!

The one in the first picture got run over by a car several years ago, she was such a funny little cat:

PC060130.jpg

This one is one of the three cats currently living with me, she is sleeping in a box my new motorcycle gear arrived in, her name is Sweety Pie:

IMAG0403.jpg

And here are all three sleeping in their Manson (yes there is a hole in the wall for the cats):

IMAG0107.jpg

Have a great week,

Dieter

• Like 12

Just stumbled across this thread. Seems to fit, so here's a couple:

Our cat Jag on one of her favourite "beds" in typical pose with her paw stretched out. Taken about 5 years ago, at which time, she must have been about 15, as she moved in with us from a house behind us and presented us with 5 kittens on Easter Sunday 2000! We adopted her, had her neutered and she became our extremely well loved cat until earlier this year when age caught up with her.

spacer.png

And an acrylic painting that my wife made of her, from the photo.

spacer.png

Edited by MR2Don
Moved image source to Flickr
  • Like 10

Bad photo, apologies....

IMG_1014.jpg

Our two Siamese hunting as a pack, just as Lions hunt. 

The young rabbit didn't stand a chance. 

Popular wisdom is that cats are solitary hunters. Not these two, they work together to corner their prey, kill it and share the kill. 

They always eat what they kill. 

Cats are, at times, soft, friendly pets. But underneath that velvet glove is an effective top tier predator. 

Cats are never tamed, as a dog or a horse. 

They are always their own boss, using us to facilitate their comfort. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, 224 Peter said:

Bad photo, apologies....

IMG_1014.jpg

Our two Siamese hunting as a pack, just as Lions hunt. 

The young rabbit didn't stand a chance. 

Popular wisdom is that cats are solitary hunters. Not these two, they work together to corner their prey, kill it and share the kill. 

They always eat what they kill. 

Cats are, at times, soft, friendly pets. But underneath that velvet glove is an effective top tier predator. 

Cats are never tamed, as a dog or a horse. 

They are always their own boss, using us to facilitate their comfort. 

"Lady and the Tramp" - "WE are Siamese, if you please"

• Like 1

Yes, they're very efficient killing machines. Even a day or so before he died my bloke was giving the local bird life a hard time. He's now been gone for six months, and the fairy wrens are only just starting to come back.

• Like 1

There was a lighthouse keeper who took a cat (Tibbles) with him to an island off New Zealand. The keeper recognised the birds (a flightless member of the Wren family) as a new species. The cat recognised them as breakfast, lunch and dinner and proceeded to eliminate the entire species.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2

Something has just woken up a few brain cells. For as long as we've been here (30+ years) there have always been cats, not only ours, but also various ones belonging to neighbours. We are now at a point where Jag has departed and all the others have moved away, so we are completely cat free and I now have five Dunnocks flying around our garden - never had that before. Neither of ours were birders, either, Wilf was too lazy and Jag would catch the odd mouse, but not birds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 224 Peter said:

Ours don't bother birds much, but the baby rabbits take a hammering. 

Shrews and mice and rats also at risk. 

Same here. In the six and a half years she's stayed with us I've never known Merry to touch a bird.  We have plenty of resident birds in and around the garden including a semi-tame blackbird who is very partial to cat food scraps! The resident birds know she's around and keep out of her way. We've also been careful to put the bird feeders and bird bath right out in the open well away from anywhere a cat could hide. That cats kill birds is beyond any argument but it doesn't stop me getting really angry when the the media, including the BBC, give cat-haters like Chris Packham a platform to quote ridiculous figures which have been well debunked but which he keeps repeating as if they were true. (In less polite circles that's called lying).

Merry uses her hunting instincts to keep the local rodents under control and she's also an ace bunny killer much to the delight of my tulip-growing next door neighbour. Before her arrival he protected his flowers by trapping the rabbits and wringing their necks(!) but he's been able to put his traps away and his flowers are thriving.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 224 Peter said:

Ours don't bother birds much, but the baby rabbits take a hammering. 

Shrews and mice and rats also at risk. 

Mine has never been keen on rabbit - but give her a squirrel and she is a devil...

Cats-2003-263.jpg

...on this occasion the squirrel was lucky a double glazed window was in the way...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Apparently Alex the cat who resides at Veteranus Models in Ripon likes to go after foxes! His human told me when I was asking after him earlier today.

Regards 

Steve 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

Apparently Alex the cat who resides at Veteranus Models in Ripon likes to go after foxes! His human told me when I was asking after him earlier today.

Regards 

Steve 

Like it! "His human" - another way of saying "the staff"🐱😏

• Haha 2

Congratulations; how many, it's hard to count them! Being from UK, I wonder if you will name one Archie. Our cat, Jag, looked very much like yours and she produced five, two black and white, two ginger and white and a grey tabby - where do the colours come from.

They're five, born on the 9th, the first one at about 9:00 PM, with the rest following at the rate of one every 30mn.

All are in good shape, I even witnessed a kick boxing session, two of them fighting for the same tit.

• Like 2

Had to take one of ours to the vet on Friday. Listless, third eyelid partly over each eye.

A year ago he was very sick, almost lost him and we wanted to be certain it wasn't a recurrence of pancreatitis. 

All the blood tests suggest he is OK, but still not back to 100%, although much improved.

So back to the vet on Wednesday. 

They really get to you don't they?

• Like 4