Cats, they're taking over. Part 3

Skodadriver

Today was a day we've been dreading. Our beloved Newt, aged sixteen and three-quarters, passed away at home. We knew it was coming, but as you all know, that never makes it easier. She had a rough start, born to a semi-feral mother, and afflicted with a nasty upper respiratory-tract infection, and we rescued her and her brother, Henry, at six weeks old.

p1010004

She and her brother grew to be the best cats, and we've been so lucky to have known them for so long. They made our house a home.

newt_march_2009

She will be missed, so much.

• Like 1
  • Sad 16

Very, very sorry to hear of your loss John: it’s never easy (we’ve done it three times now with Maxwell, Sweep and Sooty) but you gave two needy kittens a forever home and all the love and care that you could, and that’s important.  RIP Newt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear the news John. Like Steve I've been there three times and it certainly doesn't get any easier. You will have many special memories of fun, companionship and all the other wonderful things that cats bring us but above all you gave Newt and her brother the gift of life which is the most precious thing of all.

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for the kind and caring words - we are grateful. Henry is taking it pretty well, but as he's not been well, and has pretty bad arthritis, I feel he's a little out of it at the moment. I've been engaging in displacement activity, which means I have at least completed several items on the house's "to fix" list.

Newt was a tiny cat who's left a giant hole in our lives. As they all do 😌.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Making series early & mid period  Soviet WW2 fighter:

scv-15524168033782055383871-1.jpg

on the right 72nd scale!

In my opinion, he is now busy converting the early A-model Yak-1 to Yak-1b! 😲Glued photoetched in cockpit?😲

😁😁😁

B.R.

Serge

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, peterairfix said:

Just chilling let it all hang.47533718982_ab0dbc2209_c.jpg

Why "chilling"?

Cat say: "And remember, cat's mafia have long hands! 😁There is no escape from them!"😁😁

B.R.

Serge

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Here's who I met on my holiday … a cute tropical tiger-stripe, preferring to rest at a side-table in the yard of our resort.

f4301f7e-af0f-47fd-ad32-d3d1bcab798d.JPG

I had to pass him by every day on the way to my room, and we quickly became friends.

6f6b2e0b-a709-47f5-bbba-38ad9c4129c5.JPG

Then, he brought all his siblings to welcome me.

resized_8773e52d-084c-4549-987e-90232046

Edited by Roman Schilhart
typo
  • Like 10

25 minutes ago, Roman Schilhart said:

and we quickly became friends

Roman I know what you mean about 'holiday cats' - in Samos a few years back we came across the 'mountain of cats'...

Samos-2011-157.jpg

with the 'king of the cats' on top of the pile...

Samos-2011-158.jpg

...what a cutie.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

We found Ninja at our back door one morning a few weeks after we moved into this house. She could only have been a few weeks old, and had a large wound in her neck.  One vet bill later and she was ours. Our first cat.

P8070070.jpg

She had been off her food for a few days, and yesterday we saw she had some breathing difficulties. Took her to the emergency vet last night.

Rest In Peace Ninja (May 2013 - April 27th 2019).  You gave us lots of pleasure and lots of scratches but 6 years is far too short a time.  

L0k6Hc_fKn73zXssuEBM13UFC1WXQ646tuAibd9C

We'll be eternally glad we found you that morning. 

Edited by hendie
  • Sad 15

We understand cat loss... Harvey was with us from 1982 until 1996, Merlin from 1987 until 2012 and now we have Theo and Aslan. 

Their time will come, eventually and then it will be time to start again. 

A house without a cat is a house, they make it into a home. 

Of course, we are servants, but it is a privilege to serve them. 

This is Theo, this morning, lying on the lawn looking imperious. 

IMG_0995.jpg

As a pedigree Siamese he is imperious, demanding and just bonkers in equal measure. 

The only place in the house that is out of bounds is my modelling den. Mainly because they cannot climb the ladder into the loft!!! 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, 224 Peter said:

The only place in the house that is out of bounds is my modelling den. Mainly because they cannot climb the ladder into the loft!!! 

You mean to tell us that when they sit at the bottom of the ladder demanding access, you don't pick them up and carry them? That's what would have happened with my lot!

• Like 1