Cats, they're taking over. Part 3

Skodadriver

1 hour ago, Max Headroom said:

Ok getting serious for a mo.

I have a granddaughter of two weeks old who visits us daily atm. Allie is an indoor cat and as we have an open plan downstairs, she ends up in our room whilst babs visits. Food and facilities are provided for her whilst locked away. How/when do we introduce the two to each other? Do any of you have experience of this??

Trevor

As soon as possible.I have been told that when I was of that age and size our cat Blackie took it upon himself to be my guard and sentinel.He would stay put next to my given scratcher at all times I was unattended.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

This cat 'gets a piece at every door' as they say up here, but of late it has adopted us.

It has taken a liking to the chainsaw sculpture of the Highland cow and her calf,presumably to ensure he is seen from the kitchen.

resized_ca4788df-42bf-4cb3-9037-a83d7a3e

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Scimitar said:

This cat 'gets a piece at every door' as they say up here, but of late it has adopted us.

It has taken a liking to the chainsaw sculpture of the Highland cow and her calf,presumably to ensure he is seen from the kitchen.

resized_ca4788df-42bf-4cb3-9037-a83d7a3e

He's just got to be called Sylvester.

• Haha 4

On 10/31/2018 at 10:11 AM, lasermonkey said:

Oh dear, I think my heart just melted!

16 hours ago, azureglo said:

Ditto, what a li'l cutie pie

Ok then, another one, more tiger-like, with mouth wide open.

Yet the only sound was then a weak "ma", or "mou".

sacoch13.jpg

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

We all know cats aren't the brightest bulbs in the shop but why on earth,when they fall off a window sill whilst asleep and land on a coffee table do they jump back up and go back to sleep (just happened to mine)...

Come on Vince,could you do that then?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

We all know cats aren't the brightest bulbs in the shop but why on earth,when they fall off a window sill whilst asleep and land on a coffee table do they jump back up and go back to sleep (just happened to mine)...

The workings of the feline mind are a closed book to mere humans.  

Merry's favourite spot for watching the world go by is the right hand corner of our livingroom windowsill.  She could jump straight into that corner without any difficulty but, of course, that's far too simple.  She always jumps up to the left hand side then to get from left to right she has to make a second jump over the top of the large pot plant sitting in the middle of the windowsill.  So far she has always cleared it (just) but luck will run out one day.

Strange things cats

• Haha 2

I think quite a few of us have a black fleece with a white fur lining!

SWMBO re-arranged our livingroom and my favourite armchair has moved and I'm now saddled with a couch.

This morning as usual whilst having coffee and toast and watching the news.the old boy (Sukhoi aged 20) padded in and jumped on to my knee where he did his usual turning about bit to get comfy. He rolled over to find that there was no longer an arm to stop him.

The dirty look he gave me was something to behold.

He found a sunbeam on the stairs and has slowly been going up a step as the sun moved round.

Better entertainment than the TV.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

• 2 weeks later...

A sad day today - my Henry, whose ginger features have been displayed on these pages on several occasions, had to be put down this morning. He's been less than 100% for a while, with arthritis, kidney disease, hyperthyroidism and dementia, but the vet's been able to keep him comfortable. However, in the last few days he's been eating copiously but losing weight, which the vet says suggests he had a form of lymphoma, and the decision was made that he should be spared any more trauma. He had a good innings, though - he was almost 19. I will miss him ...

• Sad 16