Cats, they're taking over. Part 3

Skodadriver

Just now, bentwaters81tfw said:

It ain't going to help. He gets what his owners left for him, otherwise he catches his own, or goes hungry. The food is there, but you can take a cat to water.......

It sounds as though he's bored eating the same over and over again....

6 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

Mine’s more Zen-like......

42734668085_a4bbe5199f_b.jpg

Trevor

SNAP - I've got one like that....

IMG_2150.jpg

...just a bit furrier :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

We don't do barbecues so if we want to eat in the back garden we have to carry the food from the kitchen.  A dozing, yawning cat which insists on lying on the bottom doorstep because that's where the sun falls is not ideal - 

41849944730_82aaabcc83_c.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

On 7/24/2018 at 3:00 AM, BIG X said:

I get the feeling this squirrel isn't really afraid of my cat...

PB162051.jpg

"You... Should...Have...Bought...A....Squirrel"!!!(c)

:) 

B.R.

Serge

P.S. 

On last week I too saw one squirrel in my city:

20180719_130609.jpg

sorry about low level  quality photo, but photo from mobile. 

My camera with the cat stayed at home!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

We don't have a cat of our own, my wife doesn't like them. But we do have a cat, She's adopted us. Actually it's me she's adopted. Cats know the cat people. She turned up a while ago. Well fed, sleek looking so basically she's on the prowl for some titbits. My boys haven't a clue about cats and simply irritated her with their attempts to cuddle her. The first time I carried the cat in for my wife she screamed hysterically. The cat fled but she's no fool and came back again.

So she's come back and puts up with my boys awkward attempts to pet her. I am training them, really. But it's me she wants,

The other day I was in the front room and she appeared mewing, basically meaning, 'I want a snack'. Which I thought was pretty cheeky considering I don't even know her name.  I wouldn't play ball and she retired to the back room couch glaring balefully when I went in. Being a cat she was persistent and stayed on the couch. That is until my wife came home from work and accidently sat on her. Well cue hysterics from both parties. 

My wife isn't over it yet but the cat is and she was back tonight. I fed both on chicken but separately. So all is well for now. 

I think we need a dog. 🐕

Edited by noelh
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, noelh said:

I think we need a dog. 🐕

We used to have both. Many years ago, we had a fabulous yellow Labrador named Max, and a beautiful black cat named Sooty, and they used to get on really well together. Max was really laid back and loved to sleep in front of the fire in the winter. Most times Sooty would just join him there and lay down across his paws, but sometimes she would stamp her authority and show who really was the boss. If he was asleep in front of the fire, she would just walk up to him, cuff him across the nose, and he would vacate the prime position in front of the fire, leaving her the place to herself.

John.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

On 8/16/2018 at 2:21 AM, noelh said:

I think we need a dog. 

Why do you think that a dog will help you "fight" a cat? ;) :)

Perhaps after you continue to feed the cat you will also have to play rock music for the dog:

?

;):):)

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/18/2018 at 1:53 PM, Aardvark said:

Why do you think that a dog will help you "fight" a cat? ;) :)

Perhaps after you continue to feed the cat you will also have to play rock music for the dog:

?

;):):)

B.R.

Serge

No we had dogs. The cat owned them. They hated cats and when he appeared on the back wall they went nuts. He  would  look at them with the air of disdain many wives reserve for their husband's enthusiasms. Them he'd drop into the garden and they'd realise it was 'their' cat and they'd calm down. 

That's a great video. I've met a few dogs who thought they were human. 

Cats know better.

Edited by noelh

Kizzy! My little helper! Yes, that IS her water bowl!! Somehow she prefers it to the one next to her food bowl in the kitchen!:lol:

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is Linus.

He owns the place that my friends live at.

981c106f-3ca0-4b5f-a699-8a0e8187d7ce.jpg

This is Lucy, his sister.

On this picture she looks a bit like an Egyptian Sphinx.

c16d3877-8e06-44f6-b744-8b501dda1bef.jpg

(no clue why these pics are twisted sideways - they are upright in my folder)

Edited by Roman Schilhart
  • Like 7

Ok getting serious for a mo.

I have a granddaughter of two weeks old who visits us daily atm. Allie is an indoor cat and as we have an open plan downstairs, she ends up in our room whilst babs visits. Food and facilities are provided for her whilst locked away. How/when do we introduce the two to each other? Do any of you have experience of this??

Trevor

Well, I don't recommend this but...

Before my daughter was born, we put the crib up to see if our cat would go in it. After 3-4 days, I found him in it and threw a cushion at him then chased him through the house, throwing the cushion at him, until he managed to get out of the house!

Didn't see him for 2 days after that but he never went near the crib again and he and I did make up, as soon as he came back in the house!

As I say, I don't recommend the above but it worked, only soft furnishings were used and he wasn't actually hit so I can genuinely say that 'no animals were hurt in the making of this story'!

• Haha 1