Cats, they're taking over. Part 3

Skodadriver

19 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

Merry usually prefers to go in and out via the windows

His lordship's like that,the window by my chair's usually open and mine likes to run in/coffee table/window sill and out (why i don't know,less energy when you don't have to stop) but occasionally it's not as open as he thinks it is,a few times he's ended up in the wicker bin...

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

You're right Trevor,it's a case of 'if looks could kill',bit like mine who i picked up from the vet at 5pm with a collar (he's not a happy chappy) it's not a case of looks killing more in my case of spontaneous combustion.....Beautiful looking cat Peter....

4 hours ago, peterairfix said:

One of my hardest cats to photograph on one of her rare visit's to my lap say hello to poppy43104162002_1201d9a91f_c.jpg

WOW - I seem to have acquired Poppy's long haired sister - meet Marnie...

IMG_2160.jpg

• Like 8

Marnie and Poppy are both gorgeous.  Marnie is the double of Isy, my sister's Junior Cat.  Unfortunately I don't have a decent photo to post.

I don't know what Poppy's expression means but sometimes it's probably better not to know what they're really thinking!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

I don't know what Poppy's expression means but sometimes it's probably better not to know what they're really thinking!

Food, tickling, food, somewhere comfy to sleep, food, running around for no apparent reason, food, biting you for no reason and food.

Trevor

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

Food, tickling, food, somewhere comfy to sleep, food, running around for no apparent reason, food, biting you for no reason and food.

Trevor

Pretty much sums her up in one.

• Haha 1

Just got back from the vets after taking Lily our 14 year old black and white, for the last time. She was a rescue cat that my niece had and we took her when she had her children as Lily was the world's most neurotic cat after a burglary. She might have been older as her age was always a guesstimate. Sat here with tears rolling down my cheeks, telling myself to get a grip. 

• Sad 10

Cat's can be so defiant...

Picture1.jpg

...if Pearl says she isn't coming in - then she isn't coming in...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 7/4/2018 at 10:11 AM, Mr T said:

Just got back from the vets after taking Lily our 14 year old black and white, for the last time. She was a rescue cat that my niece had and we took her when she had her children as Lily was the world's most neurotic cat after a burglary. She might have been older as her age was always a guesstimate. Sat here with tears rolling down my cheeks, telling myself to get a grip. 

No need to get a grip, all cat lovers here know exactly what you're going through, most if not all have been through it and I am sure you have all our condolences.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Whofan said:

No need to get a grip, all cat lovers here know exactly what you're going through, most if not all have been through it and I am sure you have all our condolences.

I second that. I still remember having to pull the car off the road and cry my eyes out after taking our first cat Cindy to the vet for the last time.

• Like 3

On 7/4/2018 at 10:11 AM, Mr T said:

What Skodadriver and Whofan said.  

Having had to watch each of our original three pusses draw their last breaths and then to plant them in the back garden “getting a grip” seems a very low priority, even with my small child looking on and, on the last occasion, assisting in the burial.  Sooty left us just over eighteen months ago and I’m almost in tears again typing this.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We're just back from holiday in Germany and Austria.  After a cat-less week we started to get withdrawal symptoms so another visit to the Cafe Neko in Vienna was needed.  Here are respectively Kurumi, Moritz and Luca who were all actually or nearly asleep in the heat:

28637018797_6b9fb1700a_c.jpg

43476948272_011471ea95_c.jpg

42807368374_121e740664_c.jpg

The Cafe has another two cats, Tommy and Sonja, but they were both sleeping in inaccessible corners.

If you are in Vienna the cafe is worth a visit although it takes a bit of effort to find. The cats are great and very laid back apart from Sonja who can be feisty. One piece of advice, however, is to stick to Kaffee und Kuchen.  We tried some of their Japanese-inspired food and regretted it despite being fans of Japanese cooking.

• Like 6

The neighbours are away, so I'm in charge of their cat. A taciturn tabby called Jack. Lots of vocals even though he has plenty of food and water. I normally deal with him about this time, but seeing I was having some work done today, he starts on the grief at about 11:00.

Plenty food/water yet he whinges. I add some fresh Go-Cat. (Apparently other cat foods are available, but not from this sucker)

Cat eats, then starts giving it some about an hour later.

2pm and I go to lock up my shed to go out. Cat appears from behind a box, and gets himself stuck behind a bike. Extract cat, lock up, and he goes behind my shed. He's not been in my garden much lately.  Anyway, I go out, and get home about 5:30. Cat is waiting in ambush, and starts giving it some again.

Cat gets very stern talking to from me, as his bowls are still full. Cat looks the other way.

I walk off. Cat seen on his own lawn 5 mins later, and is quiet.

As with my old Dobermanns, Jack understands irony.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

Mine changes his mind about his favourite grub every two weeks,if it helps try Felix Goody Bags nice 'n' crunchy.....

It ain't going to help. He gets what his owners left for him, otherwise he catches his own, or goes hungry. The food is there, but you can take a cat to water.......

• Like 1