Cats, they're taking over. Part 3

Skodadriver

Her Ladyship passed away recently and I've had it on good authority that on arrival at the Pearly Gates St. Peter was told to amend his apparel with '...decent tweed, stout brogues and for Heavens' sake, tidy that beard..' 

This is her at her finest showing utter disgust that the silverware food and water bowl have been packed away ready for impending house move.

DSC00271.jpg

In the meantime, this is Brandy an 11yr old male who faced an uncertain future due to his blindness. However, he gets around, goes for walks on a harness and has a mischievous side

image.jpg

Edited by Darby
  • Like 12

Sorry about your loss Darby but as Vince says the photos are lovely.  

Sounds like Brandy has done well for himself.  Our first cat Cindy (who was mentioned in an earlier post) lost most of her sight towards the end of her life.  She had to stop going out but as long as we didn't move furniture around or leave unfamiliar stuff lying about she coped pretty well.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got a bit of a fright earlier today.  We were sitting in the garden having lunch when Merry appeared from the house (where she'd been sleeping) with blood all over the side of her head near her left ear.  She didn't appear to be particularly distressed and apart from the blood seemed pretty normal.  Needless to say this happened after the vets had shut up for the weekend. I know that with cats things often look more dramatic than they really are but I didn't want her bleeding all over the house until Monday.  Nothing for it but to see the emergency vet who shaved the fur off the side of her head and discovered a burst abscess, probably the result of a previous territorial dispute.  By the time that had been cleaned up, antibiotics administered, temperature taken (very undignified!) and the beast generally patched up the bill came to nearly £150. She's now looking weirdly lopsided and my wallet is a lot lighter but it was worth the expense for peace of mind.  

Cats - don't you just love them?

• Like 5

On 5/20/2018 at 2:03 PM, Max Headroom said:

Get well soon Merry!

I hope your human had you insured?!

Allie

Thanks Allie.

Feeling better now that the bleeding has stopped. Must remember not to scratch behind my ear or I might have to wear one of these collar things.

Human is moaning something about insurance excess and reduced modelling budget. No idea what he’s on about.

M.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

Just before 5 this morning a faint meow that grew steadily louder,his lordship on the bedroom windowsill 'let me in,let me in',all of 30ft away from the catflap!.....

It's just a normal manifestation of cat-ness.  Merry usually prefers to go in and out via the windows but if my wife or I happen to be sitting right beside a window it's suddenly essential for the door to be used.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

Yep Sd it's cat-ness and you gotta love 'em but why do they remember where the catflap is when they've caught a bit of the local wildlife....

... which is why we haven't had a cat flap for about 40 years.  

I may have told the story before but our first cat (her name was Cindy) was a voracious hunter and one night while we were fast asleep she brought a dead mouse in through the cat flap and laid it carefully on the bedroom floor at my side of the bed.  When the alarm clock went off I got out of bed, barefoot of course, and stepped my whole weight on the mouse which promptly burst.  We never got the stain out of the carpet and cleaning the blood and guts off the sole of my foot at 6:30 a.m. is an experience I'm in no hurry to repeat.  To Cindy's great annoyance the cat flap was locked there and then and later removed.  We've never had another one.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

To Cindy's great annoyance the cat flap was locked there and then and later removed.  We've never had another one.

Cat or cat flap?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

Flap of course!

The idea of not having a cat is totally unthinkable 🐱

Our late Toby had immense difficulty with cat flaps. He couldn't use them.

That might be of course more he didn't want to use it, which given cat's inherent contrariness was entirely possible.

• Like 1

Allie is very OCD about things being left in the floor that aren’t supposed to be there. She’ll go up to the object and then start pawing the floor until a human removes it.

42847498701_c300db3280_b.jpg

Trevor, Allie’s human 

• Like 6