Cats, they're taking over. Part 3

Skodadriver

Both cats brassed off with the weather.

They're getting Cabin Fever and keep fighting.

Both just went out..... they were back in in less than 5 minutes!

y4m4Savmc_Td95qrwrlG4qoLD70_s1S8TVbX2xOa

Rick.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

On 3/1/2018 at 11:34 AM, Rick Brown said:

Both cats brassed off with the weather.

They're getting Cabin Fever and keep fighting.

Both just went out..... they were back in in less than 5 minutes!

Rick.

Same here although at least we only have one to contend with. 

Her normally sunny good nature has deserted her.  She went out into chest-high snow (why didn't I have my camera handy?) made it as far as our neighbour's hedge, decided not to go any further and came back in looking like a dripping snowball. She's now bored and fractious and has to have the door opened every five minutes or so to check whether the horrible white stuff is still there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Off topic (a bit)

My daughter’s rabbit is a mentalist. It has a hutch with a cover for the cold weather and clear plastic windows so it can see out. It’s situated in a a secluded corner away from the worst of the weather. Yesterday morning I went into the garden to put the rubbish out and it was all but head butting the hutch door wanting out, even though said daughter had placed a heated microwaved ceramic disc ‘waterbottle’ (in a protective cover btw) in its sleeping area.

Now back to your feline fixes!

Trevor

• Like 3

40589739081_ae2ef77476_b.jpg

"I know I'm supposed to be grateful for being warm and comfortable in this weather but I'm getting cabin fever and I want to go out without disappearing into the horrible wet, cold stuff"

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, HansReggelsen said:

He roames the neighbourhood as he patrols his territory, but comes in to :poop:in his cattray! :doh:

What's that about? :huh:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

At least it avoids arguments with the neighbours!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

At least it avoids arguments with the neighbours!

How true! 

Cesar - our first cat - once jumped up upon our neighbours freshly painted fence (!) and then jumped upon a car!!! :o

It happend to be OUR car - but anyway.... :blush:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Is it my imagination or do they know when they wind you up or is it a normal feline habit,mine's been a pain in the neck the last couple of days with his food then miracle of miracles when i pick up the saucer all i get is a terrifed look (i wont push it any further,i'm hungry!)...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

no, no, this is quite normal.

Another favourite is to wolf down a make/flavour of catfood as if it's the best thing ever for a couple of months and then refuse point blank to eat it anymore. (usually after you just bought a load of it).

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

On 3/28/2018 at 9:25 AM, Bigdave22014 said:

no, no, this is quite normal.

Another favourite is to wolf down a make/flavour of catfood as if it's the best thing ever for a couple of months and then refuse point blank to eat it anymore. (usually after you just bought a load of it).

Been there many times. In a previous house our neighbours also had a cat and we sometimes exchanged tins of food because Cindy (our cat at the time) or Sandy (theirs) was doing exactly that.

Merry (our current cat) tries it on occasionally but she's got such an enormous appetite - and the weight problem to match - that she can't keep it up. If we ignore her the dish will be mysteriously empty the next time we look.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bigdave22014 said:

I did develop the attitude "You'll eat it when you get hungry enough" after a while, seemed to work.

I tried that but mine's so stubborn (i'm convinced he was a donkey in a previous life) the wet food dries out,in the summer he brings his catches in and the winter he waits until i give him fresh food has a quick sniff and it's 50/50 if he'll eat it....All the food companies that use chicken/duck/salmon/tuna should just use mice,make life a lot easier!....

• Like 1

Allie is a food tart. She was over my daughter like a rash the other night with the crispy duck pancakes. She also likes cucumber as a play thing (Allie, not my daughter), but not recognising it as food (then again, neither do I!)

Trevor

• Like 2
  • Haha 1