Cats, they're taking over. Part 3

Skodadriver

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Skodadriver said:

I'm sorry if you're trying to write up your latest contribution to the Boeing 737 Group Build but I've decided to sit on your knee and that's all there is to it".

Oh so accurate!

• Like 1

Lovely photo Sd,usually around half three in the morning mine comes onto the bed and starts rubbing my head with his paw,if i don't take any notice it turns into a gentle headbutt "Why aren't you awake i am" and if that doesn't work it's wet nose on the chin....

• Like 1

On 2/10/2018 at 7:31 AM, Vince1159 said:

Lovely photo Sd,usually around half three in the morning mine comes onto the bed and starts rubbing my head with his paw,if i don't take any notice it turns into a gentle headbutt "Why aren't you awake i am" and if that doesn't work it's wet nose on the chin....

Merry isn't too bad that way, at least not in the winter. In the summer she frequently wants out about 4:30 a.m. but at this time of year as long as she goes out for an hour or so around 10:30 p.m. she will settle with us when we go to bed and sleep right through till about 7:00 a.m.  The trick with her is to take her to bed with us, physically if necessary.  Early in her time with us we found that if we leave her sleeping in another room she'll probably waken at some godawful hour and come bouncing into bed in a sort of "Hi guys, haven't seen you for a while, let's get the catnip mice out" way which is not conducive to restful sleep.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

Merry isn't too bad that way, at least not in the winter.  In the summer she frequently wants out about 4:30 a.m. but at this time of year as long as she goes out for an hour or so around 10:30 p.m. she will settle with us when we go to bed and sleep right through till about 7:00 a.m.  The trick with her is to take her to bed with us, physically if necessary.  Early in her time with us we found that if we leave her sleeping in another room she'll probably waken at some godawful hour and come bouncing into bed in a sort of "Hi guys, haven't seen you for a while, let's get the catnip mice out" way which is not conducive to restful sleep.

I haven't got the problem of telling mine it's bed,he tells me,then 10mins later he's off then he comes and goes until he decides it's wake up time and i haven't got any choice (he's a lovable little oik though)...

• Like 1

How do chaps,

Since the neighbours cheeky chap Mittens went for a walk last Easter and never came back :( things have been rather quiet on the cat front round my way. That is until Charlie appeared. He lives several doors up and has decided to add us to his domain and staff rota.

J0ffHrv.jpg

He also has a brother Tommy (who's a bit camera shy) that likes to be in on the action too, so it's double the trouble!

Regards,

Steve

• Like 10

I had one who looked like that, except for the eyes.  He had a stare like an Eagle Owl, and he was enormous.  Cancer ended him.  His equally large brother was a true Cheshire Cat - I kid you not, when he caught your gaze you could see him forming his grin.  Heart failure.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

How do chaps,

Since the neighbours cheeky chap Mittens went for a walk last Easter and never came back :( things have been rather quiet on the cat front round my way. That is until Charlie appeared. He lives several doors up and has decided to add us to his domain and staff rota.

J0ffHrv.jpg

He also has a brother Tommy (who's a bit camera shy) that likes to be in on the action too, so it's double the trouble!

Regards,

Steve

Are you sure his name is Charlie???

OMG+-+I+Think+That+Cat+Is+Hitler+-+Don%2

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Aye up Steve.

Funnily enough..... His brother Tommy has a real black smudge to his top lip so I've christened him Kitler! Next time he invades I'll try to take a pic :D

Regards,

Steve

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

Believe it or not there is a website devoted to Kitlers, I.e. cats who look like Hitler -  http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com/cgi-bin/seigmiaow.pl. It appears to be based in Poland which makes it even weirder.

About this Poland site.

It's classic Overton window! :(

Cat's  nice & funny =》 Kitler's I.e. cats who look like hitler is funny =》 ....then hitler is funny ..... and nice.....it's classic

manipulation in Overton window style!

:(

Sorry, but generally it's not funny....

:(:(

(These are the general reasonings!

I have no claims to someone in this topic personally! )

B.R.

Serge

Sorry if I upset you Aardvark but I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I have no qualification in psychology or any related discipline. Somebody else had raised the issue of cats that look like Hitler, I happened to see a daft website and posted the link so that Britmodellers who follow this thread could have a look and have a laugh if they found it funny.  You are, of course, perfectly within your rights not to find it funny but I think you will find that most members of this site are well aware of Hitler's identity and the evil of his regime. I don't want to go off topic but does the Overton window (whatever that is) mean we shouldn't laugh at "The Producers" or Charlie Chaplin's "The Great Dictator"?

• Like 2

A better example than those on the website used to live near Abergavenny railway station. 

Disclaimer: I have no history whatsoever of Opiate addiction or inappropriate use.  I think I ought to point that out having mentioned my Cheshire Cat (Cheshire Cat - Alice books - Lewis Carroll - Opium use...) given the logic cited above.

Edited by Chillidragon
  • Like 3

Ali has learned a new trick. If she’s hungry she will walk up to us and paw us ever so gently. That and jumping on us purring loudly and doing the headbutting thing.

Doesn't work on me but Mrs MH crumbles!

Trevor

• Like 3

My tropical love affair.

May I introduce you to Mingkun, the housecat of a resort on the Philippines:

eede0cd6-fa33-4718-87c3-a01e91f33fb7.JPG

I fell in love with him during my stay ...

resized_db94792e-3f9b-44e4-9361-f4826a56

This cheeky little fella (which has not been introduced by name to me) came to share breakfast with me in Lombok, Indonesia:

5ce206bd-fb2f-4f40-8990-d44d083b2ce3.JPG

Edited by Roman Schilhart
typo
  • Like 9

On 18/02/2018 at 1:08 PM, Roman Schilhart said:

My tropical love affair.

This cheeky little fella (which has not been introduced by name to me) came to share breakfast with me in Lombok, Indonesia:

Sometimes sharing breakfast can go a little too far, like when my sister's Senior Cat decides to help himself from the milk jug (apologies for the poor quality photo):

38675431670_6a92bd5781_b.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

Sometimes sharing breakfast can go a little too far, like when my sister's Senior Cat decides to help himself from the milk jug (apologies for the poor quality photo):

38675431670_6a92bd5781_b.jpg

But, but, but ... I'm a cat - I'm allowed to do that!

• Haha 4