Cats, they're taking over. Part 3

Skodadriver

Now, talking about cats, that I can understand! Better than talking about beer... Damn, I've said it!

We have 5 cats, and 1 mongoose. She rules the roost by the way.

Here it is not really a problem of decreasing cat food packets' size, but rather a problem of cat food disappearing... Drastic! Even in South Africa, almost all the food in supermarkets is geared for dogs.

And the mongoose gets the mice before the cats have a chance. So, problem.

We had the same kind of problem in France when I was young. Not with cat food, but with yoghurt.

The yoghurt container was made of waxed cardboard, and interestingly the price of yoghurt remained the same when everything else was going up. Until we noticed that they were progressively raising the bottom of the tub, hence decreasing the quantity of yoghurt... I remember calculating how long it would take for the bottom to reach the top of the tub and still pay the same price for an empty container. 

Since then I have realised that life is too short to waste time at stupid things like that, so I am really trying to waste it wisely, but it is not always easy...

Cats do not care one way or the other, that is why they are such great souls!

JR

• Like 3

Tis the season to be silly....

Cats_2010_-_120.jpg

...Pearl does her annual 'Secret Santa' routine - for all of 30 seconds - 'OK can I take it off now Dad'

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It helps if you can understand cat language.  A light head-butt means, "Oi, where's me Mars Bar?"  Stropping the trouser legs means, "Oi, where's me Mars Bar?"  A meow means "Oi, where's me Mars Bar?"  Sitting staring up at you means.... Well, you get the picture.  I have discovered with our two little hairy mousetraps that cutting back on the rations a bit makes them appear more affectionate... A cat begging for food looks EXACTLY like a cat saying, "I love you, daddy!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 28/12/2017 at 2:24 PM, Skodadriver said:

I always find it disconcerting when a cat stares intently at something which I can't see.  I've no idea what was on the ceiling but it certainly got Merry's undivided attention. 

24486961657_ae3b15a444_b.jpg

Lovely picture of a gorgeous cat! :wub:

Regards 

Steve 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Scimitar said:

Sukhoi in his Soyuz !

I never noticed that it looked like a capsule  Serge.

You are sure that brand of this spaceship "Soyuz" but not
"Vostok"? There can be on a photo  Sukhoi, but not Catarin, the first catonaut  the planet Earth?

488479.jpg

;):)

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...