A working pony. 1/48 Airfix P-51D Mustang

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
On 4/10/2020 at 6:28 PM, whiskey said:

@Habu12, what was the paints and process you used for these two beauties? This is exactly how I would like mine to turn out.

Oh man...ummm...I honestly forgot, it was years ago now...

I think it was TMM enamel RAF Dark Green, and RAF Medium Sea Gray. I preshade with Mr. Surfacer Black 1500, and add the base colors on top, varying for effect. Then I weathered the stains with Tamiya weathering sets A,B,C,D after a coat of Dullcote. Then I add another coat of Dullcote to seal it. 

Edited by Habu12
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Habu12 said:

Oh man...ummm...I honestly forgot, it was years ago now...

I think it was TMM enamel RAF Dark Green, and RAF Medium Sea Gray. I preshade with Mr. Surfacer Black 1500, and add the base colors on top, varying for effect. Then I weathered the stains with Tamiya weathering sets A,B,C,D after a coat of Dullcote. Then I add another coat of Dullcote to seal it. 

Awesome. Even if it's not exact it's a start. The predshade and dullcote steps probably are the single most items I need to know. That dullcote really gives it the flatter finish which I absolutely love. Thank habu!

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, whiskey said:

Awesome. Even if it's not exact it's a start. The predshade and dullcote steps probably are the single most items I need to know. That dullcote really gives it the flatter finish which I absolutely love. Thank habu!

Dullcote makes everything better 😉

• Like 1