1/48 Hasegawa Skyhawks - what parts are in what boxes?

RMP2

Indeed, Antoine!

You've got the guitar solo (and the SuE), on that video, which is lost in the promo video of the band, strangely.

People on Youtube wondered what the band was on this video. Not my all-fave Gothic Metal band, but this one is good.

Besides, Sharon Den Adel is cute, and from the Neerlands

Cheers,

Unc2

On 12/14/2018 at 5:44 PM, Uncle Uncool said:

Got them decals today...!!! :yahoo:

Wow, finally! Customs notification occurred in October the 28th, and the mail dropped them just today.

What's worse; shipping date on the envelope stamp reads August the 18th!, which means the Argie Customs + our postal system is even slower than a poor handicapped, blind snail!

Jesus! Couldn't it have been slower?

@RMP2, you're welcome to my A-10C decals if you ever need them. I'm just using the A-10A ones, as I don't like the LASTE birds.

Cheers,

Unc2 

Mate.... that is all just insane.

Thats very kind of you re the decals, thanks. I had actually been mulling over doing another A-10, a later C version to go with my early A. But I think I need to at least build something or... dare I say it.... thin the stash out a bit first.... 

As for all this youtube tune spamming of my thread - shocking behaviour indeed! ;)

Here. Slight change of genre.

3 hours ago, RMP2 said:

Thats very kind of you re the decals, thanks. I had actually been mulling over doing another A-10, a later C version to go with my early A. But I think I need to at least build something or... dare I say it.... thin the stash out a bit first.... 

Robbie, howdy, bruh?

Ah, that's how the brotherhood of modelling should be like. Whistle when you're good and ready and the decals are yers.

3 hours ago, RMP2 said:

As for all this youtube tune spamming of my thread - shocking behaviour indeed!

Hmph... Uh-huh, that's @Rui Silva and @Antoine... :whistle:

Cheers Rob! 

Unc2

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/10/2018 at 2:12 PM, RMP2 said:

Very kind of you, sir, thank you.
However, I have the Aconcagua resin set here all ready, so will see how it all looks to my untrained A-4Q eyeballs once I get it all together.

I seem to think its the A-4B/P set that I have - its not to hand right now, but there isnt much difference, but again, I am not too familiar with the delicacies of Skyhawks.
For reference though for folk, heres the sets they make - http://www.aconcaguamodels.com/prod/det_d_01.htm

Well actually they are pretty much different the ones for Navy than Argentine AF Skyhawks

The tails in the photos that you are referring to appear to be Mk15 tails, or equivalent (possibly expal manufactured). I don't know about 'early' vs 'late', as far as I can see looking at the Eduard site the late ones are Mk15 (Mod 3 or 4?) and look like the ones in the photo of the bomb on the MER. Note the cut out area halfway along each fin. The 'early' tails by eduard do not feature this cut out portion if the artwork on eduard's site and an IPMS USA review site are anything to go by.

The parachute equipped tails for the Mk 82 are the BSU-49/B 'Ballute' tails, and are quite different

There is also the BSU-86 tail, which is another high drag tail that works much the same way as the Mk 15, however have a different appearance again.

Edited by CharlieNZ
  • Like 1

Uh-huh...? Well, I was fumbling around boxes in my stash "they're" other day, when the pile of boxes high above all came down on "me" head. One of the 1/48 Kinetic Mirage (think it was a IIIE/EA/EO) kits hit me in the face and, on sheer reflex, I headed the box towards the bed so as the impact was absorbed by "they're" mattress instead of the floor.

Oh, but the box bursted in mid air prior to landing and, while all of the other boxes hit me in "they're" skull - one by one, I noticed that the Kinetic Mirage IIIE kit brings pretty decent Snakeyes, much better than those in the Monogram kits I were going to use (Scooter/AV-8A).

Me's talking 1/48th scale here. I'm using the Snakeyes in the Kinetic Mirage to deploy "they're" fins.

Think someone's been in my stash...? :hmmm:

Cheers,

Yeh2