Hawker Hurricane IIc

stevej60

Hi folk's,laying a marker for later in the GB for the Hurricane,I've had such a great time with the little Spitfire I had to have a Hurricane too as digging around

I found some spare decal's if the kit one's are no good £6:99 at King Kit be here in a day or two.

Matchbox PK-11 Hurr

• Like 5

This kit has happy memories for me and the box art is superb! The main thing wrong with it is the canopy which is too small and not high enough,.... a spare or vacuformed canopy would make a huge difference,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Hi folk's kit arrived bit sad it wasn't the all action original box top but a later offering! Anyway inside we have a lot better kit than I was expecting

heavy lines as expected but I was struck by how similar it is to Airfix's Mkii from a couple of year's back.Decal's look ok but I've got a good few

spare option's and roundel's.

20171109_123833

20171109_123824

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Hi folk's kit arrived bit sad it wasn't the all action original box top but a later offering! Anyway inside we have a lot better kit than I was expecting

heavy lines as expected but I was struck by how similar it is to Airfix's Mkii from a couple of year's back.Decal's look ok but I've got a good few

spare option's and round

And that is why we call it vintage models. Keep working on it. 

That's a great result after just one hour @stevej60 - I now give you permission to toss this model around the lounge room and mimic that lovely Merlin engine sound!!

I'm not sure how this overall kit measures out accuracy wise, however it looks quite presentable and a bit of filling and re-scribing could do wonders for the overall result.

I believe the kit supplied canopy is a bit on the shallow side, however this could be solved with an AM product and posing it open I suppose?

Now tell me, I know you purchased this kit from Kingkit, so can you please confirm if you ordered the earlier box top and (as I see here) ended up with the later edition box?

If so, that could be pretty disheartening for collectors, who may be very keen to purchase a specific box only.

Anyway - I'm liking what I'm seeing, however that's a common thing with your WIP posts...

Cheers... Dave.     

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Now tell me, I know you purchased this kit from Kingkit, so can you please confirm if you ordered the earlier box top and (as I see here) ended up with the later edition box?

If so, that could be pretty disheartening for collectors, who may be very keen to purchase a specific box only.

Hi Dave,KK do make it clear in thier T&C's that boxing's may vary for me that's fine, I would if anyone were wanting a specific boxing ring them after ordering

or phone your order in they're a great company to deal with and I'm sure they would help if possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Excellent process Steve,

Which version are you doing?

I use Kingkit too and can recommend them, especially for old out of circulation kits.

Cheers Greg

Cheer's Greg,had a look through spares might go FT-A from Airfix's newer boxing or kit scheme using new roundel's.

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

even by your supersonic standards, this is a fast build! This kit does actually look the part.

Great show!

JR

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jean said:

Hi Steve,

even by your supersonic standards, this is a fast build! This kit does actually look the part.

Great show!

JR

Thank's Jean,hopefully a decent paint job will  give this old kit some appeal!

• Like 1

Morning all,she now has her top gray coat ready for the green,I need to make the decision now which marking's to use.The kit scheme means

a re-spray of the undersides to black but I may have another crack at this kit later in the GB and use that scheme.

20171114_112902

• Like 3

On 11/11/2017 at 09:44, GREG DESTEC said:

Excellent process Steve,

Which version are you doing?

I use Kingkit too and can recommend them, especially for old out of circulation kits.

Cheers Greg

Sorry Greg missed your post,well as you can see I've picked the version,yes can't fault KK prices are reasonable never had an issue with them,I

checked in last night to see what Matchbox they had and noticed a few addition's to wet the appetite,Kit's for cash have a good selection too

I always come away with a handfull from his stall at the Northern show must give his mail order a go new site is great again good prices.

• Like 1

Afternoon folk's,most decal's applied after glossing not obvious from the photo is a need to re-paint the prop spinner I don't know if it was 

deliberate but Airfix's codes and fuselage band are more cream than sky,still look nice and went on a dream.

20171116_142404

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, Franz75 said:

Are you going to do some weathering on nicely done Hurry? Looks nice.  

Many thank's,I will put a wash intothe panel lines and a little weathering.

Morning folk's,last one before the gallery,put a thin wash into the panel lines,re-painted the spinner and added the exhaust which need

painting along with the gun muzzles and prop tip's.

20171117_115221

• Like 6