1/72 F-104G RDAF

andybiscuits

Now that Telford is done I've made a start on the Starfighter. I'd initially intended to make it out the box as A: I don't often build 1:72 and B: I've got a huge backlog of other kits to finish, but having popped the box and seen the kit pit I've ordered the Eduard PE set. Kit is typical 1981 ESCI - it doesn't fit together and is the soft Italeri plastic that may as well be camembert. Or brie.

Popped in to musuem today who were gracious enough to let me have a walk around her on the provision I touched nothing and watched out for the pointy bits.

Progress will continue when the PE turns up

39MX26TV4SlXLCcmCLLWKdJq4Ac0LLM1rK60uiTz

j2buahvCMu8bw0dzBo2d7dfLlLy0kz7r-B2cgCJf

xI5Bk4TM7uNYcSVtjWwNEseSfcbkMsObdOdYQSF2

xnv16QJaQiu1ZFivlzS9wJEAi0SU0NXqwntMX6Bi

Pictures are now visible ! :yes:

Have you bought the Eduard set meant for the Revell kit ? If so it will need some work to be made to fit into the Esci kit. It can be done, I've done this in the past on a model built for the previous F-104 STGB. The worst problem is that the Esci cockpit is a bit too shallow while the instrument panel is designed for a slightly deeper cockpit. With some work and a modicum of swearing though I managed to get this:

cd0f27ae-2565-4322-b3af-4554e85a6b27.jpg

The Esci coaming is way too long, it's easy though to trim it and give the edges a more correct shape. I can't remember if I used the Eduard part for the throttles quadrant or I shaped a bit of plastic, may have been the latter.

This picture was taken during the build, the model is now completed with various other bits in the cockpit from the PE sheet and a Pavla seat. As you're building the Italeri kit this has a nice MB seat so you probably don't need a replacement