Jagdtiger

• Mike changed the title to Jagdtiger

Simply awesome Steve, the weathering is just beautiful.  Love the faded look of the camo and the beat up whitewash just makes the detail pop.

Those poor side skirts have seen better days though.  Maybe shouldn't drive these things down narrow alleys. 

The one strange thing I see is that the Jagdtiger ammo was 2 piece with separate shells and powder canisters so the ammo on the rear deck must be for a King Tiger or some other 88mm and they

are just transporting it.

Just noticed that antenna, must have been fun.

Take care,

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12
  • Like 1

@BlackMax12 oh Bums! (Or words to that effect) your spot on and I’m ashamed to say I should have realised about the ammunition as I’d had a full conversation with @Das Abteilung last week!! 😥😥 

I will this week be correcting this issue hopefully without to much damage!😒  

I suspect the side skirts were damaged after driving through some Russian hovel to provide an ambush point 🤪😜

Steve

Sorry about that but everything else looks so damn good I had to mention the shells.  I don't think these things ever made it to the Russian front,

too big, too heavy and too unreliable, couldn't stray far from the repair depot. More for ambush tactics I think than open warfare, another brilliant idea.

Lloyd

Final update!! 

Flag is made from some weird fabric I found at hobby craft and put through my printer... topped up with some acrylics. 

canvas mantle cover was made from a different fabric but I think it's excellent Simulation. 

26396721258_133ab86f92_b.jpg

25398052637_f214ced553_b.jpg

RFI thread here http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/278-ready-for-inspection-armour/&do=add

I pretty much used up all of my descriptive adjectives on the last few messages but this is amazing.  Love the flag, great idea, the mantlet cover keeps dirt dust and smoke out and you fixed the shells.

So can you send this to Medicine Hat, Alberta for my display cabinet???? 

I'm about to start a 1/16 Trumpeter Jagdtiger for my second attempt (first one got scrapped) and you have given me some great ideas, not too proud to pilfer them either, LOL.

Take care,

Lloyd

• Like 1