JBOT decals

phildagreek

I've talked about this guy before & many of you will know of him & probably for the wrong reasons.

He's a small one man band producing some really high quality decals for a range of subjects out of London, Ontario. He was heavily criticised for the long time between ordering & payment to actual delivery, some people reported months. The truth I think is his hobby simply outgrew itself & he couldn't keep up. His website has sat dormant for a year or two with just the odd update message that he was still working away.

In September that message had changed to the one where he said he was all caught up & would be opening for business again soon. I contacted him a couple of weeks ago to ask about a couple of sets he had listed & he invited me to order from him via email. So I did. Well just over two weeks from ordering & paying via PayPal I've got the desired decals in my hands. Good crisp detail, sharp colours & neatly printed with no problems I can see.

It's good to see him back & he's worth looking at if you're after something that's not quite "mainstream".

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

This is what's from Jbot's homepage. I was chatting with Jim and he's had a lot of problems recently that I won't disclose here, customers, personal life. I always had great service and know others who had to. Any other updates will be put on his homepage. I was given permission from Jim to copy the website's note here. Just thought I'd pass this on since a few builders have relied on Jim's decals and he's been a great help and person. Canada isn't always a rosy place.

"June 1, 2018

Dear Customers:

The shopping cart is disabled. I won't be returning.

I retired after 31 years in Engineering and was looking forward to building
models full-time and making decals part-time. My retirement lasted 5 months!

I had a stroke on May 28, 2018 while I slept. The right side of my face was numb.

I waited for 2 days in the hallway outside the hospital's Emergency Room because
they did not have a bed for me. They did a few tests then sent me home.
They denied me physiotherapy, claiming I was fine.
I could not chew, or sip, or blink ... but I was "fine"!?

I never received the test results, or a letter, or a phone call ... nothing.
Oh, I did get an invoice in the mail for the ambulance ride!
You can be sure I will never go to a doctor or hospital again.

There is a new section showcasing some of my blueprint-type drawings.
They are in their own category, the only pink item in the menu (left).

Here is a direct link: My Blueprints, Drawings, etc.

The drawings are free!

Enjoy.

Jim Botaitis"