Too good to be true?

Haggis9444

3 hours ago, Haggis9444 said:

Just saw this online:-

https://www.stardustcolors.co.uk/chrome-paint/1229-brush-on-chrome-chrome-paint-using-brush.html

They finished effect looks amazing. Anyone heard of this or tried it. It would look amazing on those post-war polished jets.. 

Wonder if it can be airbrushed?

Mike

Anyone tried the various Molotow products for this kind of finish (Liquid Chrome markers and Burner Chrome aerosol)? I just ordered a 400ml spray can of Molotow Burner Chrome; if the results are amazing, I'll be sure to post something.

BTW, a more descriptive subject line might attract more discussion - just sayin'...

John

Edited by John Thompson
  • Like 1

Hello,

an option is this:

http://www.kmodelling.com/metallici.html

These are alcohol based colors at an affordable price. Interestingly they use the same test specimens on their pictures as the above vendors ... are there connections between them?  Anyway, I saw a (spray) demonstration of these colors at the IPMS Switzerland show last May. The results looked very good, especially chrome. Unfortunately I have no infos about durability, resistance against scratching and masking tape.

Martin

On 5-11-2017 at 8:58 PM, John Thompson said:

Anyone tried the various Molotow products for this kind of finish (Liquid Chrome markers and Burner Chrome aerosol)? I just ordered a 400ml spray can of Molotow Burner Chrome; if the results are amazing, I'll be sure to post something.

BTW, a more descriptive subject line might attract more discussion - just sayin'...

John

Hello John,

I have used the molotov pens and they are a marvel to use and ideal for doing headlights and leading edges.

You can do larger surfaces as well if you use a different tip wich are seperately available.

It can be painted over with a clear varnish wich need to be waterbased....

If you don't like what you have done it can be cleaned with a alcohol based cleaner..

Cheers, Jan

Edited by janneman36
  • Like 1

On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:00 PM, neilh said:

Were these the same guys demonstrating by spraying plastic spoons " live" at Telford last year? From Italy?

Yes, same company. I chatted with him for a while. Their metallics/chromes impressed me greatly, I have to say.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/11/2017 at 6:01 PM, MVW said:

Hello,

an option is this:

http://www.kmodelling.com/metallici.html

These are alcohol based colors at an affordable price. Interestingly they use the same test specimens on their pictures as the above vendors ... are there connections between them?  Anyway, I saw a (spray) demonstration of these colors at the IPMS Switzerland show last May. The results looked very good, especially chrome. Unfortunately I have no infos about durability, resistance against scratching and masking tape.

Martin

I've bought the molotow chrome refill, here a thread about it:

Edited by Timbo343