Airfix Sunderland (Failed)

I'll be following because I bought one of these, a while ago, for a tenner and haven't got round to doing it as I haven't got space to display it.

Edited by Beard
to correct spelling.

For a kit that old I sometimes find that I get a better fit by removing or modifying locating pins and/or holes to allow some movement of the parts.  I still have a soft spot for this kit, and one lurking in the loft just waiting to be put together (and nicer surface detail than the Italeri kit).

On 06/11/2017 at 2:01 PM, PhantomBigStu said:

38158126536_fa1a780567_b.jpg

I'm surprised the ""Voice of Doom" hasn't pointed out that you need to finish decorating that wall before even dreaming of playing with that toy plane !:wait:

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/11/2017 at 11:14 PM, malpaso said:

I'm surprised the ""Voice of Doom" hasn't pointed out that you need to finish decorating that wall before even dreaming of playing with that toy plane !:wait:

Fortunately not got that problem, a troublesome bit of ceiling that has baffled scientists is the reason why redecoration is a no go, anyway as for the toy plane, decided to not bother carefully painting the windows, can’t see anything anyway so I’ll just paint over them and do the gloss black trick later.  Sanded the seams and got a couple of coats of white on 

27016666059_dd8f0032ce_b.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Stu,

Definitely looking like a Sunderland (even upside down):D The Kit just has that unmistakable look.

I know the kit is old (I have a few), but you can't beat it for nostalgia and the fact when it first came out

all those years ago, real Sunderland's were still flying.

Keep up the good work

Regards

Alan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Stu ( @PhantomBigStu )

Any more progress on this one? The GB deadline has been extended one week till 14 January 2018, 23:59 GMT. Would this be useful for you to finish this entry?

Cheers

Jaime

On 06/01/2018 at 2:00 PM, jrlx said:

Sorry to know this won't be finished, Stu. I hope you're OK and wish you all the best for 2018!

Jaime

All Ok now, felt like crap for the rest of that day, but been so much better since then. Not to chocked up over it, wasn't happy with the white finish anyway. All the best to you for 2018 :)

• Thanks 1