Reskit 1/72 UH-34/Wessex wheels.

huvut76g7gbbui7

I got two sets of these delivered today and thought that they had sent me 1/100 scale by mistake.

Comparing them to kit wheels they are, to me anyway, very obviously too small which is a shame as they are very nicely detailed.

Anyone else noticed this?

Size of wheel is 6x11.00-12. It's mean deametr of wheel is 24 inc or 609,6 mm.

In 72th scale  diametr of wheel is around 9 mm or  around 0,35 inch

In Italeri kit wheels diametr more then 11mm or 0,43 inch. 

In this case wheels diametr in real helicopter is 806 mm or morre than 32 inch.

We take information about wheels size from size markings in wheels.

So who is wrong?)))

Edited by Dmitry Stelmakh

In my eyes they do not look correct but I did not do any calculations   I am happy to admit I am wrong in that in fact your product is correct but as I sent both sets back to supplier I cannot do any further examination.

Hi Dimitry !

I know this is not part of this topic, but I do not know where to write my wishes for You.

I have almost all of Your 1/72 wheel product with my full satisfaction , I'm sad to see you did not do wheels for the early Tomcat A yet, only for late A, B and D models. For Hasegawa Early F-14A kit would be very important update I think. 

Please finish the F-14 wheel series in 1/72 scale and You can be sure I will pay it.  And it would be nice a correct F-16 early Block40 (for Japan F-2A/B too), Skyhawk, Voodoo series, F/FB/EF-111 series, Alpha Jet, Bae Hawk series, and A-3/EA-3/EKA-3 Skywarrior wheel set too. and continue wheels for helikopters too, like Puma and Super Puma/Cougar ;)

Thank You for your super wheel sets , which are important but so far neglected enhancers for aircraft kits until this moment .

Your loyal buyer from Hungary: Kálmán

Hello! now in work some wheels sets in 72 and 48 scales.

There are

SH-53 (A,D) wheels set

SH-53 (G, E, J) MH-53M wheels set

F-4 Phantom II (B, N) wheels set

F-4 Phantom II (C, D, E, F) wheels set

F-4 Phantom II (J, S) wheels set

British Phantom wheels set

De Havilland DH.110 Sea Vixen

General Dynamics F-111 (A, B, C, D) wheels set

General Dynamics F-111 (E, F) wheels set

North American F-100 Super Sabre wheels set

McDonnell F-101 Voodoo wheels set

Convair F-102 Delta Dagger wheels set

Convair F-106 (А) Delta Dart wheels set

Convair F-106 (B) Delta Dart wheels set

Republic F-105 (A, B, C, D) Thunderchief wheels set

Republic F-105 (F) Thunderchief wheels set

North American F-86 Sabre wheels set

Mig-15 (early version) wheels set

Mig-15 (late version) wheels set

McDonnell Douglas AH-64 Apache wheels set

and only in 72 scale

NHI NH90 wheels set

NHI NH90 upgrade set

I hope to make all of this this year.

I know about early wheels for F-14 A. Thos set in process

Next year I hope we will make sets from your whish list. Because my whish list is same)))

• Like 1

On 11/4/2017 at 8:45 AM, Dmitry Stelmakh said:

Size of wheel is 6x11.00-12. It's mean deametr of wheel is 24 inc or 609,6 mm.

In 72th scale  diametr of wheel is around 9 mm or  around 0,35 inch

In Italeri kit wheels diametr more then 11mm or 0,43 inch. 

In this case wheels diametr in real helicopter is 806 mm or morre than 32 inch.

We take information about wheels size from size markings in wheels.

So who is wrong?)))

Wessex and S-58/H-34 tyres are written as 11.00-12, I'm possibly wrong here, but I take that to mean that an 11.00-12 tyre equates to an approximate overall diameter of around 32 inches?

That would make sense if written that way, but I've never seen a H-34 or Wessex main wheel tyre marked or referenced with the '6', only as 11.00-12. 

That would indicate to me 12" rim, and 11" tyre section in width and height.

http://www.dunlopaircrafttyres.co.uk/products/aircraft-search.aspx

https://www.goodyearaviation.com/resources/pdf/application_charts_12_2015.pdf

http://www.aerosuppliesinc.com/Catalogue/Numerical Chapters/Aero Supplies - Catalogue CHAPTER 5 (431-504).pdf

This Goodyear tyre size reference seems to back up the 32" overall diameter size, scroll down under Type III 11.00-12

https://www.goodyearaviation.com/resources/pdf/tire_specifications_7_2016.pdf

Not an easy comparison to make, but roughly in photographs, compare the tyre wall height, which includes approximately an inch within the rim for fitting, and the fully inflated outside size diameter, to the 12" rim, I'm struggling to see that as only 6 inches.

I'm prepared to be proved wrong, but this is how I've always worked out tyre sizes.

For my own peace of mind, I measured a pair of Wessex wheels today.

The visible wheel rim diameter is 14 inches and the overall tyre diameter is 32 inches.   

They are marked as 11.00 - 12 Type III, the same as any other Wessex or S58 / H-34.

Type III tyres use two nominal size numbers (ie 11.00 - 12), the first number represents both the tyre section width and its approximate height, ie it is as wide as it is tall, in this case aproximately 11 x 11 inches.  This can vary a little bit due to aircraft application and inflation pressures.  The second number is the wheel rim to which it fits. 

These tyres tend to be used on low speed aircraft, or when different landing surfaces can be encountered, such as grass etc.

The wheel rim and inside tyre diameter are a nominal 12 inches, but obviously the lip of the rim has to be larger

An inch of the tyre section height is lost in the wheel rim, so it would be calculated as 10" tyre wall height + 12" rim dia + 10" tyre wall height = 32" overall diameter.

A 6 x 11.00 - 12 tyre section would be a strange ratio for aircraft use (and not one that I've seen), the tyre profile height would be 6" tall by 11" section width, the tyre would only be half as deep as it is wide (remember an inch in the rim).

In fact the Wessex tail wheel tyre section height is 6".

I'm not very good with scale conversion but using an online tools, 32 inch diameter works out as 11.2 mm, 14 inch rim as 4.9 mm, and the width 0.38.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
On 11/17/2017 at 4:14 PM, 71chally said:

For my own peace of mind, I measured a pair of Wessex wheels today.

The visible wheel rim diameter is 14 inches and the overall tyre diameter is 32 inches.   

They are marked as 11.00 - 12 Type III, the same as any other Wessex or S58 / H-34.

Type III tyres use two nominal size numbers (ie 11.00 - 12), the first number represents both the tyre section width and its approximate height, ie it is as wide as it is tall, in this case aproximately 11 x 11 inches.  This can vary a little bit due to aircraft application and inflation pressures.  The second number is the wheel rim to which it fits. 

These tyres tend to be used on low speed aircraft, or when different landing surfaces can be encountered, such as grass etc.

The wheel rim and inside tyre diameter are a nominal 12 inches, but obviously the lip of the rim has to be larger

An inch of the tyre section height is lost in the wheel rim, so it would be calculated as 10" tyre wall height + 12" rim dia + 10" tyre wall height = 32" overall diameter.

A 6 x 11.00 - 12 tyre section would be a strange ratio for aircraft use (and not one that I've seen), the tyre profile height would be 6" tall by 11" section width, the tyre would only be half as deep as it is wide (remember an inch in the rim).

In fact the Wessex tail wheel tyre section height is 6".

I'm not very good with scale conversion but using an online tools, 32 inch diameter works out as 11.2 mm, 14 inch rim as 4.9 mm, and the width 0.38.

Can you show your photo when you chek size of wheels. Height of tyre can't be more then disc diametr.

11 is not hight. it's width.