1/72 - Lockheed Martin F-35B Lightning II by Hasegawa - released - new boxing

Homebee

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, stever219 said:

Thoroughly, excruciatingly underwhelmed: one RAF type that I have no interest in or intention of modelling.  Ever.  Give me a decent 1/72th Buccaneer instead; much greater choice of colour scheme and markings.....

Agree 100% on the Buccaneer, and on the F-35B I also have no intention of modeling it in RAF colors.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t expect Xtradecal to come out with sets of RAF decals either. Seems like the first deliveries to 617 Squadron will have no Squadron markings whatsoever, just a “Grey doughnut” to represent the British roundel - how boring! 

Cheers.. Dave

With more F-35s built than Buccaneers (235 to date vs. 211), more operators (RAF, RN, RAAF, RNAF, RNoAF, USAF, USMC, USN, Japan, Israel, Italy vs. RN, RAF, SAAF), and more potential operations and markings, I can’t agree. Some of the USN, USMC, and RAAF schemes so far are looking pretty interesting (IMHO). 

• Like 2

On 28/01/2018 at 9:33 PM, sroubos said:

Oh and btw, that B version is UGLY. I've always found the C-version to be the most attractive version of the F-35.

I used to wear beer goggles like that, as the old joke goes 'I never went to bed with an ugly bird but I certainly woke up with a few...'

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I've preordered this for my Wife.

I have noticed that in the sample photos on Hannants the engine can be modeled straight down(VTOL), now my question is with the bomb bay doors not having the option to be modeled open does this mean its not accurate?

27664755878_307d6e2d73_c.jpg

Edited by Maverick231

On 15/03/2018 at 11:51 AM, GMK said:

With more F-35s built than Buccaneers (235 to date vs. 211), more operators (RAF, RN, RAAF, RNAF, RNoAF, USAF, USMC, USN, Japan, Israel, Italy vs. RN, RAF, SAAF), and more potential operations and markings, I can’t agree. Some of the USN, USMC, and RAAF schemes so far are looking pretty interesting (IMHO). 

And all in exactly the same dull,boring shade of grey with varieties of dull,boring, grey markings and insignia? Sorry, but no thanks. I will stick with the Buccaneer.😉. 

6 hours ago, Jackman said:

Very true:D. Still totally disinterested in the wretched things though!! Proper VTOL/STOL aircraft are spelt H A R R I E R!!:thumbsup:

Allan

ps Nice schemes though!

Edited by Albeback52

Ive found many kits of these in a few scales, also found the "A" type. Doesn't anyone do a "C" series ? Id love to build a full fledged USN C type in some lovely subdued markings either VF-74 Be-deviler's, VF-73 Jesters, or VF-1 Wolfpack. Yes i know they're all defunct Squadrons but id still love to do a Whif scheme. 

Dennis 

12 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Ive found many kits of these in a few scales, also found the "A" type. Doesn't anyone do a "C" series ? Id love to build a full fledged USN C type in some lovely subdued markings either VF-74 Be-deviler's, VF-73 Jesters, or VF-1 Wolfpack. Yes i know they're all defunct Squadrons but id still love to do a Whif scheme. 

Dennis 

Orange Hobby

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234951986-172-lockheed-martin-f-35c-lightning-ii-by-orange-hobby-released-new-boxing/

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Homebee said:

Orange Hobby also has a pre-cut masking set to make painting the RAM panels easier.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Richard E said:

Very dramatic box art but I wonder if Hasegawa's in house artist needs to spend some time watching the real thing in the hover ? 

Well, he can't get TOO accurate, or people will start to ask why the artwork doesn't reflect the actual contents.

• Haha 1