1/72 - Lockheed Martin F-35B Lightning II by Hasegawa - released - new boxing

Homebee

From Osaka Hobby Festival 2017.

After the F-35A Hasegawa is to release in March 2018 a 1/72nd Lockheed Martin F-35B Lightning II kit - ref.?

Sources: 

https://twitter.com/sa_relations/status/926288421517123584/

https://twitter.com/hasegawa_model/status/927732348271112192

F35.jpg

c9454216fdfaaf51ce3cd7f9875494eef11f7a73

DN_3pz6W0AUuRIK.jpg:large

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Uncle Dick said:

Welcome news, though it does not look like the bomb bay doors can be built open... which is the same on their F-35A  

That could be more of an issue than it is with the A, as the inner weapons bay doors partially open and double as lift fences when taking off and landing vertically.  So if the engine nozzle is fully rotated down, as shown in the CAD imagery, those doors should be open.

True earth has a metalic filter (in lack of better words) which looks to be useful to recreate the Have Glass effect. I have the stuff at home but have not tried it yet.

Nice that Hasegawa does a new tool - but with closed weapons bay it is pretty much uninteresting for me personally. :-(

• Like 1

Just in time for this...

First F-35B for the Italian Navy.

f-35b-marina-militare-2.jpg?w=1024&ssl=1

39882426112_f57bdbfaac_b.jpg

Courtesy the Gentlemen at Aviationist and PSC.

For those complaining about no weapon bays, I feel your pain. However the weapon bays would normally closed with the nozzle extended and auxiliary intake open.

Edited by Robertone139
  • Like 2

On 26/01/2018 at 23:57, Robertone139 said:

Just in time for this...

First F-35B for the Italian Navy.

Courtesy the Gentlemen at Aviationist and PSC.

For those complaining about no weapon bays, I feel your pain. However the weapon bays would normally closed with the nozzle extended and auxiliary intake open.

mSB6Tr.jpg

You would think but not necessarily

E46_P1.jpg 

as for the model like dudes there are no panel lines!

2m74z8.jpg

Smooth as a baby's bum more or less. At certain angles when looking at it the plane gives you the illusion of raised or recessed details but having seen the beast up close and personal l can say the whole thing is smooth

Hacker ....in the know lol  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Robertone139 said:

I can see that. No manufacturer has figured out that the RAM paneling is nothing but paint.

Oh it is tape but special tape just to hide those necessary access panels from radar. There is thickness there but very very thin. Almost the thickness of a thin layer of paint. How it is put on is anyone's guess as l have not seen it anywhere online being  applied

hacker 

Edited by hacker
  • Like 1

You could argue Hasegawa have added the panel lines to make it easier for you to mask the panels for painting. I think if you mask them individually and leave out any panel line washes it will look pretty good. Personally I don't have the patience so I'll use the decals on my A. A third option is to fill the panel lines and use the decals, not a lot of additional work. Or be a real masochist and fill the panel lines, then mask the panels and paint them :D

All in all, Hasegawa has given us enough options to model the RAM panels realistically I'd say.

Oh and btw, that B version is UGLY. I've always found the C-version to be the most attractive version of the F-35.

Edited by sroubos
  • Like 2

On 16/01/2018 at 9:01 PM, Borisz said:

I'm wondering, what colour shuold we use to paint it?
I've seen many built models but somehow none of them was a "direct hit".

Ignore the paint guide with the kit.

Hataka HTK-A058 FS36170 Have Glass Grey is spot on.

• Like 2

On 1/29/2018 at 7:33 AM, sroubos said:

You could argue Hasegawa have added the panel lines to make it easier for you to mask the panels for painting.

(snip for brevity)

All in all, Hasegawa has given us enough options to model the RAM panels realistically I'd say.

And as the tape is now the same colour as the rest of the airframe, you will no longer need the decals to fill in the "panel" lines.  Or you won't when older airframes have been brought up to the latest finishing standards

Shane

Would hope that seeing this will be a standard hasegawa cat-a-log item they will give you at least another squadron option for the decals...

But I am sure the aftermarket decal people will provide choices in the not too distant future... if they have not already

Edited by Uncle Dick