1/48 Airfix EE Lightning F6 with extras

2 hours ago, HartDeco said:

I found the kit a bit lacking in the rivets department so I decided to give it the full treatment. On the real aircraft the rivets aren't very visible but I feel it just makes the model more interesting to look at.

Yes, modelling should be about the builder and what they would like to see as an end result. You've produced a beauty and a good sales pitch for the kit and extras you've added. I love the older machines in newer generation scheme/markings, very sexy.

A perfect result and great conversation piece.

• Thanks 1

Lovely looking Lightning some great modelling skills :goodjob:

Guy

• Thanks 1

Stunning piece of work, very convincing.

The open engine compartment gives the illusion of a hollow metal enclosure full of machinery, as opposed to thick (relatively speaking) walls of styrene around nothing. Quite amazing, really.

Congrats!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Thanks 1

I'm about to say an heresy, so forgive me guys :) I never particularly liked this aircraft, but your superb rendition is making me changing my mind :clap:

Rivets: can of worm, I think in this case they add a lot of interest to your build. IMHO, obviously :coolio:

Ciao

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, HartDeco said:

On the real aircraft the rivets aren't very visible but I feel it just makes the model more interesting to look at.

I second what baldwin8 said.

This is the kind of model that gives you a "slap in the face" (meant in a positive way ^_^)  when you see it!

Very much "alive" thanks to that excellent weathering.

Gorgeous

Cheers

b.

• Thanks 1