1/6th Vincent Black Shadow

He's a complete newbie to this game, apart from previously (and still) being an avid collector of the rarer kits.

He can't make any prices public until he know himself and two suppliers have not yet finished and delivered invoices.  I am just organising it all for him so I know what things are costing and I'm glad it ain't me producing kits like I used to many years ago!

Martin

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Good day to everyone. I introduce myself: My name is Jorge Luis, I am 28 years old, I am a Public Accountant by profession, I live in Peru. I am very fond of classic bikes and like many here, I like to build them, especially I like old and classic bikes. I came across this forum looking for information about a 1/8 scale motorcycle kit that I could get; it is an AJS 7R scale 1/8, produced by BIG 6 Classic. Now, reading the various information, I saw that Teacher @Scratchbuilder is or was building a master model of a 1/6 scale Vincent. That is amazing. I had planned to build one from scratch at 1/5 scale, based on Mr. Hiro's model. For now I am finishing a Montesa Impala 1/5, based on the model of Mr. Peré Tarrago. I hope to know more about the kit that is about to come out, I'm excited about the idea that not only be a Black Shadow, but also are planning to release the versions of Black Lightning, Black Prince, etc. I hope and cheer for the 1939 Vincent Rapide Model A, I also planned to build it, but work sometimes prevents me from accelerating my hobby. I was able to get some diagrams of that model from a constructor. I hope to post photos of my work, and apologize for my English, I do not have a good command of their language, and I support myself with the Google translator.

• Like 3

Hello Jorge,

I am the man making the master patterns for the 1/6th scale model of the Vincent Black Shadow.

Production of the model was going well, until Griffin Moulds destroyed the masters for the engine casings. This has put us back considerably. I am now remaking the masters for the engine in brass, which should be done in January.  If we can find a trustworthy company to cast them in deeper moulds than usual, the model should continue as intended.  I don't think a version of the early model is intended though, although you could perhaps use parts from a Black Shadow to make an early Rapide, but the main difference would be that the early Rapide would use Girder front forks.

The Big 6 Classic Replicas AJS 7R kit can sometimes be found on ebay.  I did the engine and gearbox for the Matchless G45 version of that model.

So, the production of the 1/6th scale Black Shadow is slightly delayed, but going ahead as intended. News of it will be published here.

Cheers,

Martin

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When I joined the Army as a boy soldier in 1973 (at Arborfield near Reading), our camp chaplain (who was pretty camp...) rode either one of these, and the other Vincent with the enclosed body (Black Prince?) around camp. His cassock used to billow out behind him so he looked like Batman, but of course in order to keep going he needed to keep his hand on the throttle, so when we saluted him as he rode past, he used to salute us back with his left hand...!

His name was Basil Pratt, and he won a medal in the '64 Olympics

Sounds like either a Black Prince or a Black Knight, Graeme, both of which are planned as models as the chap behind the kits has had decals put on the sheet to cover those versions.  Immediately after new Year I shall start remaking the engine casings in brass, so nobody else can destroy the patterns..

Cheers,

Martin

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

The new brass engine master is done and has now gone to the third caster in a row who said they could do it and then cried off. Let's hope this one can do what he says and pulls his finger out. Fortunately Richard was able to cancel his stall at the show when it became obvious the model wouldn't be cast in time.  The cost of a stand there was horrendous!

Cheers,

Martin

• Sad 1