Deep Space Nine station 1/2500

So heres the final installment of the Tree of Trek, AMT's horrendous kit of the space station Terok Na/Deep Space Nine.

Im calling this done, if i had another six months to spare on this i might have been able to take it to another level, but i simply dont!

The fit is awful. the main ring had to be wired together to align and keep together while the glue set, virtually nothing lines up without the need for filler or sanding, i could go on.

Anyway heres my finished result, yes it is meant to look distressed, i used humbrol enamels, a base coat of light brown with highlights picked out in chocolate brown, then given a single coat of light grey allowing the browns to come through in places fo a down and dirty look.

Heres my photos, not an easy subject to take pics of as over 16 inches/410mm in diameter with the addition of a USS Defiant in scale.

DSC_3760_zpsww0yqub7.jpgDSC_3761_zpst82dczoq.jpg

DSC_3762_zps9lifypan.jpgDSC_3763_zpsyrxicbd7.jpg

DSC_3764_zpsgp5b70lc.jpgDSC_3765_zpsqkc3aqvs.jpg

DSC_3766_zpsrky4xgdo.jpg

and finally the whole display, forgive the kitchen backdrop, just couldnt find a bin liner big enough LOL

DSC_3767_zpswyooazwt.jpg

All the best Chris

• Like 10

that's really great - perfect kitchen sink area furnishing idea too - makes the zone far more interesting - a good conversation topic and kitchen party starter I reckon

I hope your wall mounted boiler does not melt the display - that would be a disaster

• Like 1