Last cat! 1/48 F-4S Phantom II VF-151

5 hours ago, Simon382 said:

Very nice indeed! Are these kits as good as they say they are?

3 hours ago, Paramedic said:

Looks fantastic. :)

How is that kit to build?

The kit is very nice. It is however, slightly over engineered. So parts are just added for no real reason. Like the forward end of the vertical stab. A separate piece wasn’t needed. Or the rings around the exhaust. Little things like that. Nothing major. Also, some steps are missing, like how to build it with slats retracted. Some of my refs show the onboard slats retracted, and it’s be up to me to figure out how to properly portray that. So it’s is a very nice 4-1/2 Star kit. Is it worlds better than the Academy? No. The Academy kit is almost just as nice. It’ll build up faster though. 

• Like 3

Phantastic !!

Great looking model.

Guy

• Thanks 1

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:32 AM, Habu12 said:

The kit is very nice. It is however, slightly over engineered. So parts are just added for no real reason. Like the forward end of the vertical stab. A separate piece wasn’t needed. Or the rings around the exhaust. Little things like that. Nothing major. Also, some steps are missing, like how to build it with slats retracted. Some of my refs show the onboard slats retracted, and it’s be up to me to figure out how to properly portray that. So it’s is a very nice 4-1/2 Star kit. Is it worlds better than the Academy? No. The Academy kit is almost just as nice. It’ll build up faster though. 

I really like your Phantom build and photos - also your straight forward comparison of two Phantom kits above!

CJP

• Thanks 1