Revell 1/24 HLF20 Varus 4x4

kpnuts

Hi all well thanks to Eddie Mc Vea and his pics here is the next update, I've added the missing cap holders to the hose clamps

142uag7.jpg

166ymq9.jpg

There is actually loads of missing detail from this bit and I'm not sure I have the skill to add it but I may try (see if I can work up the courage) 

25qww0w.jpg

1grdsk.jpg

On 12/14/2017 at 2:23 PM, kpnuts said:

Hi all I'm wondering if on the real thing these compartments are hinged some how
There are handles at the bottom of the outer shelving I'm wondering if I can some how make the parts hinged to show all the detail, there is loads of shelving like this and it would be a shame to hide all the detail.
Yes I could just not glue them so they are removable but I would like to try and make them as they are on the real thing.

Sorry I’m a bit late to the party but I just found your thread.  Excellent work, especially all the detail.  I’m not certain how UK/European  fire appliances (aka “apparatus’ here in the USA) but here most of the equipment in the storage bays sit on trays that slide out or, if they are too high, they slide out and drop down. Keep up the great work.

Lou in Utah

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all well I'm not sure I will actually do this but I've added some blue leds for the emergency lights, maybe I will and maybe I won't we will just have to see how complex it gets.

14mu9mv.jpg

mmd0ye.jpg

a088dv.jpg

2jdm688.jpg

16bhuhe.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all well it has working emergency lights.

I've glued aluminium foil behind the headlight holes to help them look more like headlights.

jfhj04.jpg

b4gv2u.jpg

33nxjy9.jpg

Hi all near the end now, loads of decals to add but the basic kit is nearly done. This really is a lot of kit for the money and I have had so many ideas for different versions of this so this won't be my last build of this or the London bus (another incredible kit)

152gyf8.jpg

2lw3uow.jpg

339nd61.jpg

mrv6aa.jpg

Hi all nearing the end now (loads of decals to add and a small amount of painting to do) I've really enjoyed this kit not found a bad fitting part on it, although it is quite complex and some parts need a few trial fits till you figure out how they actually go together.

2m330hd.jpg

rs4u12.jpg

29n9t34.jpg

359lb4g.jpg

fctr8o.jpg

2cn7h1t.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks, I struggle with this scale as I prefer 1/12 or 1/8 my preferred build is ships (which are far smaller scale)(the smallest of which is 1/350) I did a lot of scratch built ships before I found plastic kits and they were all large scale, my latest is 1/32 

I could never do the detail you are doing and would never try but I admire those who can

Ta, but time will tell how good I can detail that Jag engine. There's an awful lot of plumbing that could be attempted but probably won't. :D

I have the Academy 1/350 Warspite that's kinda been a work in progress for 6 years (most of that time packed away in its box) cos I couldn't manage to do the tiny fiddly bits. I just know my way around cars a bit better and they're cheaper to replace if I mess stuff up.