Boultbee Spitfire Tr.9 - AZ Model 1/72

CedB

4 hours ago, CedB said:

remember the awful photo of the piece of wire with blobs on the end? The plan was to paint it black, cut then ends off and make some microphone booms.

Ooops,I must be seeing things, I thought you'd made them a few days ago,hence saying 'nice intercoms Ced'! Anyway, nice intercom Ced....!! :lol:

And I too like the Royal wave...!!

Keith

• Thanks 1

Thanks Jont - Gator's Grip is good stuff and I'll probably be using it on this later.

Thanks Hendie, Tony, Giorgio and Martian for the kind comments, all thanks to PE Production's figures. I'm also glad you didn't notice that 'mini me' only has one arm... the cockpit's too small for both and I had to sand the one that is there to get it in! It is tight in the real thing too so I wasn't too worried.

Thanks Cookie, especially for the wave back :D

Thanks Keith - sorry, missed the previous intercom comment :doh: I don't think I'll bother again!

Masking tomorrow. Has to be done.

• Like 3

Mini-Me looks like he’s swigging a beer, which is surely taking a casual approach to flying a 1940s fighter too far!  Great stuff.  

Not jealous at all.  No, no. 

• Haha 3

Thanks Crisp :D No loose items allowed so beer was definitely out of the question.

Funny thing, mojo, innit. Just when you think you've got some it drains away and you have to use stubbornness discipline instead:

26944534799_4339bf1c73_z.jpg

Untitled by Ced Bufton, on Flickr

Masked using Nigel's wise words, something like 'Don't try to mask complex shapes all in one go'. Hence all the bits. Honest.

As you can see I've painted the frames IG, from habit. My next torture is to decide which bits of the rear internals are, er, external colour.

• Like 10

Well Ced, I have just spent 20 mins or so reading this thread sir, I can safely say that someone enjoyed themselves in a Spitfire.

I have been laughing out loud at some of the comments, so much so that the good lady Rose asked what I was looking at.

Have got to say that you cut a fine figure of a man in you flying suit .

You are doing a great job as ever on this build, and I am glad to have caught up on it.

I will join Johnny at the bar while the rest of this build finishes off.

Simon.

• Like 3

Hi Simon, glad you had some giggles :D

Thanks John - sad to hear you've man flu and I hope you get well soon. Time to show Mrs the 'man flu' video? "Poor little Bunny..."

Thanks Zac, very kind. I do like the PJ Productions figures, although their faces are sometimes a bit rough, especially when you cut the masks off!

I'm afraid Molly is at the vets at the moment. She's got some sort of problem with her back, we think. Hopefully just a sprain or bruise, fingers crossed.

Aerospace this afternoon too so I probably won't get much done today :(

• Sad 7

I hope the girl's OK Ced, spaniels can get pretty horrid joint things happening to em

Nice bit of maskery there, I like to seal joints on such masking with a little line or two of Maskol

Just in case, stops any seepage getting to the clear bits

😨

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Bill :)

Mols is home with anti-inflammatory and pain killers and instructions to keep her quiet and rested for a week!

That's going to be hard.

Looks like she damaged a muscle(s) in her back charging around.

We're looking forward to a bit of wagging soon.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

Add my best wishes for Molly to get back to full healthy Spanielness asap Ced, give her a doggie treat from me....:)

Keith (also getting no modelling done tonight as I'm looking after my boys Newfoundland & Golden Doodle -again!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CedB said:

Thanks Bill :)

Mols is home with anti-inflammatory and pain killers and instructions to keep her quiet and rested for a week!

That's going to be hard.

Looks like she damaged a muscle(s) in her back charging around.

We're looking forward to a bit of wagging soon.

Ced,

"that's gpoing to be hard " 

What breed is Molly? I only ask because my daughter's cocker, who we look after while she's (daughter) is at work, could no more stop charging around (unless drugged) to save her life.

hopefully all will be well, it's amazing how resilient dogs can be, and how quickly they recover.

Nice job on the spit, too!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks John - and I hope you're feeling better soon too :)

Thanks Tony, Simon, Keith and Benedikt - Mols is feeling very sorry for herself and sleeping a lot so hopefully she'll recover soon.

Hi John - Molly is a Cocker (see my avatar) and she usually does charge about so it's hard to see her so pained. Oh well, hopefully she'll get back to her 'slightly potty' self soon.

Dog sitting tomorrow so I doubt I'll get much done on the Spitfire.

• Like 4

Fingers crossed for Mols Ced, we know what it's like to stop dogs doing what comes naturally to them! 

Last year there was an incident at the kennels when my son & family were on holiday. There was a gap under the partition between the individual kennels and Hollie's (the Newfie) tail went under it, at which point the Rottweiller next door bit off the tip of it! I had to pick her up from the vets the following day after surgery to save the rest of her tail, and the vet said to me - 'try & make sure she doesn't wag her tail too much!' Yeah, like that was going to happen any time soon! :D

K

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I used to own a/be owned by a springer

I feel for Molly of course (any spaniel is the best dog on this or any planet) but mate trying to keep her calm is going to get you to the state in which that flying suit will be a far more comfy fit

Give her a little ear twitch from me will you

:)

• Thanks 1

Thanks Keith - sad story about the Newfie :( Mols is actually being very good - she seems to know that lying quietly is what's needed. Just the occasional whine to tug at the heart strings.

Thanks Bill - ear rub given and appreciated!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CedB said:

Thanks John - and I hope you're feeling better soon too :)

Thanks Tony, Simon, Keith and Benedikt - Mols is feeling very sorry for herself and sleeping a lot so hopefully she'll recover soon.

Hi John - Molly is a Cocker (see my avatar) and she usually does charge about so it's hard to see her so pained. Oh well, hopefully she'll get back to her 'slightly potty' self soon.

Dog sitting tomorrow so I doubt I'll get much done on the Spitfire.

Suitably chastened, must pay attention to avatars in future!

Dog sitting duty - carry on !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1