1/48 - Westland Dragonfly HR.3/4 & HC.2 by AMP - HC.2 & HR.3 released

Homebee

On 9/18/2018 at 12:02 PM, Whofan said:

I can't seem to find the whether or not the models released by AMP include UK Dragonfly version as used by the Royal Navy (with winch and rear fuselage bulge) are available yet in the UK.

I don't know if the model asmodean is building is the one, but with additional parts to make the stretcher carriers on the fuselage, perhaps Sergey you could confirm for me whether the FAA SAR version has been released, and is available in the UK?

I don't mind waiting til Telford if it is available and you are going to be there.

I did not answer because I was not sure. Now I can say - 95% that will be on sale in Telford.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2018 at 2:52 PM, Julien said:

Why do all the photos appear when it's too late? I was able to find only those three photos. And I decided that it was only a defect in photography.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, praded-dembelya said:

Чому всі фотографії з'являються тоді, коли вже пізно🤔? Я зміг знайти лише ті три фото. І вирішив що це лише якийсь дефект фотографії.

In English pls as this is an English speaking Forum.

But in answer to you question, is that not always the way? Your kit is still very good and this will not be very hard to scratch build this part.

Julien

1 hour ago, praded-dembelya said:

I did not answer because I was not sure. Now I can say - 95% that will be on sale in Telford.

That's very good news! Will you have a trade stand at Telford, or will it (let's hope that is definite) be on sale on someone else's trade stand.

I note from the instructions in the AMP HR 3 kit they have included two port side forward fuselage glazed parts. This unintentionally (I assume unintentionally given the part with port side lower forward 'square' glazing is crossed out on the instruction sheet) gives a wide range of options, as this part may be needed depending on what machine one is modelling. Take a look a the images below of two different HR 3s  both with different glazing arrangements. Also, the search light was not fitted to every machine either, again as demonstrated in the pictures below.

Sadly,  I note in the HR3 boxing AMP have the two part windscreen as well, rather than the one piece that came with their S-51/HO3S kit. This does not detract from it being a great kit, however, it does make it in my opinion unnecessarily tricky to get a good finish on a promient part of the machine.

414050007.jpg

414050008.jpg

Tommo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, praded-dembelya said:

The whole problem of this helicopter is the rubber seals on the front glass. We could not do otherwise - see the picture. These details can not be done differently. Or we should have made them radically incorrect.

steklo_800.jpgi.gif

Pologies, if I come accross a little thick, but are you saying the reason for moulding this as two parts is because of the glazing beading?

Tommo.

That looks to be a new 1:72nd line of S51s / Dragonfly's.

The one shown is the bonkers US military H-5H version with the bulges in the sides to house sideways loading casualty stretchers, one of which was placed right behind the engine.

• 1 month later...