It Came from the Shelf of Doom! Monogram F-100C

I started this kit in the summer of 2005. Got as far as painting it, then the build stalled. Twelve years later, I decided to finish her. This is the venerable 1/48 Monogram kit, converted into a C model using the long since out of production Cutting Edge conversion set. Cockpit is from Black Box (and isn't accurate for a C-model, but back then it was the only option). Painted with Tamiya acrylics, if memory serves. I managed to lose a few parts (mostly on the undercarriage), so I had to do a bit of scratchbuilding (speed brake, for example). I'm happy to finally call this one done.

HAd427m.jpg?2

4bk3k40.jpg?1

BVNQcLw.jpg?1

yT9ae2L.jpg?2

• Like 20

Hi David!!!

Congratulations for this wonderful  rescue from the Shelf of the Doom!!!

This great old birds gave a great amount of punch to the already F100 squadrons committed and for us is a great luck to have the chance to watch and admire a great masterpiece. BTW I am looking how to do a F100C build using the venerable Revell nearly 1/72 bird, (Both in the Shelf of the Doom,maybe one from Turkey and the other would be one like yours)... and watching yours encourage my desire to finish what I have pending too!!!

Thank you very much for sharing!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

Hello,David - She’s been hangared for a long time but now she’s taking a rightful pride of place for all to admire.I certainly do.Beautiful work and result.

😉👍 All The Very Best,Paul.