18 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

Superb work John, just like always. What can I say - you just gotta love them wings! How good of a glider was she?    :)

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks Bill, she was a good glider, as you would imagine landing was a long drawn out affair(if the wings stayed on) with a marked reluctance to land. I've had a look at the T.O. dash 1 for the B and D and for the B from Ft. 50,000 it gives a glide range in still air of 150 Miles for the D it gives 175 Miles so not a huge difference, but from 60,000 the D could do 210 miles.

John

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

John,

I have to tell you that every time I see your Canberra model it reminds ME of MY  Late Father and Home {India}.:wub:

and your IMPECCABLE model is AMAZING to see.

the Black and the white together look ASTOUNDING...truly work of  Art.

:clap:

Both are  incredibly  GORGEOUS.

Thank you.

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, F-32 said:

Absolutely brilliant work!!

17 hours ago, HOUSTON said:

John,

I have to tell you that every time I see your Canberra model it reminds ME of MY  Late Father and Home {India}.:wub:

and your IMPECCABLE model is AMAZING to see.

the Black and the white together look ASTOUNDING...truly work of  Art.

:clap:

Both are  incredibly  GORGEOUS.

Thank you.

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

Thanks very much chaps!, I must get on and do an Indian AF PR.57 

John

• 9 months later...
On 11/1/2017 at 8:06 PM, F4u said:

Hi John.

Superb work she is a stunner !! Certainly a difference in size really is a large aircraft compared to a standard Canberra, so she will be at Telford for all to see in her glory ?

What's the next project then I wonder ??

Well done mate and nicely displayed. :goodjob:

All the best

Guy

It looks like I now know what the next one is, an even bigger wing 😀

John

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...

Very nice build John!  I've got a couple of questions... I followed your build thread and I can't tell what the serial number(?) is on this one... but was wondering if there was any particular sort of historical significance for why you decided to model this specific plane?  I like the color scheme of these RB-D's and want to build one, but would like to find one with a back story.  I know there was a ROC marked one shot down by the PRC, but not sure if I want to do an ROC one.  Thanks.

22 hours ago, J.C. Bahr said:

Very nice build John!  I've got a couple of questions... I followed your build thread and I can't tell what the serial number(?) is on this one... but was wondering if there was any particular sort of historical significance for why you decided to model this specific plane?  I like the color scheme of these RB-D's and want to build one, but would like to find one with a back story.  I know there was a ROC marked one shot down by the PRC, but not sure if I want to do an ROC one.  Thanks.

Hi @J.C. Bahr

After considering the options I decided to go with this one as I wanted something diferant to the more well known Group A photo recon bird. so 53-3969 RB.57D-2 Group C was one of only 5 Canberra’s of this type built out of a total of 20 RB.57D’s. The Group C was a dedicated electronic intelligence gathering aircraft. The Group C or RB.57D-2 aeroplanes are similar in appearance and design to those aeroplanes in Group A and B. The primary mission, however, of Group C is reconnaissance using SAFE (semi-automatic Ferret Equipment) 

Among the distinguishing characteristics of Group C is a radome nose cap, a radome on the bottom of the centre fuselage, a radome on each wing tip and tail come radome. The fuselage and wings of Group C are slightly longer than those of Groups A and B. A pilot and observer are carried as crew in a pressurised cockpit utilising a tandem seating arrangement the aircraft also had air to air refuelling.

The RB.57D-2’s were operated out of RAF Brize Norton as well as bases in Turkey and Alaska. The main mission was gathering and recording signals from new types of Russian radar.

Or you could go for one of these?

3wPwB6.jpg

John

• Thanks 1