1/35 Type 89 IFV (Trumpeter)

TuanNA

WONDERFUL!

The weathering, the camo scheme... and I love that colour pairing!

p.s.  tiny details yes, but those periscopes are the bees knees! 

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Like 1

I do like the effect here and it's a good-looking vehicle, but I also wonder about the colour.  I presume the blue-looking colour is in fact a weathered grey?  Type 74 MBTs sported a 3-colour scheme involving grey, but I thought JGSDF were now in brown and green?

BTW, your rear door jerrycan has no visible means of support ..........  Needs a strap added.

I never cease to be amazed at how Japan - despite being pacifist by law - has managed to preserve the ability to design and make just about every conceivable type of military hardware she needs: even if some is just made under licence - but made, not imported.  How good it is remains an unanswered question.  We produce virtually no significant land warfare equipment in this country.  Having worked in that domain for 30-odd years I lay much of the blame at the doors of the EU forcing us to compete abroad and preventing us protecting our own industries.  With the re-elected Japanese PM wanting to do away with enforced pacifism one wonders if exports of Japanese military hardware might be on the cards in future.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Great build. I am going to start one this week (I hope) any tips? Looking around I am going to do an upgraded version, so extra armour, ditch the view ports, and also look to do some work on an interior