Tiger I x 4

Soeren

Indeed I am quite happy with the way the basic painting of these wheels turned out. Overall steel rimmed Tiger wheels are much faster to do than the rubber rimmed ones. As a matter of brain softening I just ordered a Tiger Fehrmann by Academy. With the spares from the previous Academy kit I can also modify it to rubber rimmed wheels. But still, the approach of working with several layers really helps with the appearance of the wheels details. 

I was a bit itchy about the Academy camo scheme, until I just found this 

[linked image]

When you take for granted that the color artist takes a much more clean and "Computer assisted" approach, I would say it is quite accurate. Then again, no idea what it was like on top.

• Like 1

Cheers Francis :)

This is where we are now. I am looking forward to the single coloured builds in the future. I am now ready for decals and detail paintign plus filters. I like it as is now, but that was some time consuming precedure so far to paint this camo.

First putty for a start

AAFVClubTigercamo1001.jpg

Then take it off and start filling in the fields

AFVClubTigercamo1003.jpg

AAFVClubTigercamo1002.jpg

AAFVClubTigercamo1004.jpg

AAFVClubTigercamo1005.jpg

• Like 7

Thank you guys :D

The decals worked quite well, with a dozen coats of MicroSol.

Wouldnt have workes any other way to get the one poece numbers down of the surface at the turret. Most of the detail painting done. Touchups needed here and there. The cables on top have wuite bad structure. Well.

WP_20171202_20_15_09_Rich.jpg

• Like 5

On ‎13‎-‎11‎-‎2017 at 9:21 PM, Soeren said:

Colors as labelled sprayed on either red or gray primed sheets.

Interesting right? Which color is it to take, all are from the color callout except for the Hemp, that is Vallejos equivalent to the left color. 

ColorTestlabel.jpg

now convert these to B&W with different addition of filters, yellow, orange and red maybe?

And I should read the rest of the thread before replying.....

Edited by Bozothenutter
stupidity
  • Like 2