This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Rover420

The Carpet Monster AAAAAARGH

I know its been mentioned before, but it is still alive and kicking. The dreaded Carpet Monster. I had completed fitting the gear wells in the nacelles of my Airfix Shackleton and smoothed all the joints down on both of them. Thought ahhh its late, must go to bed. I must have dropped one on the floor, a nacelle that is. Came to do a bit on it this morning after going to do my shopping and can only find one nacelle. I have searched the living room (SWMBO is away at the moment) for the said piece but to no avail. The Carpet Monster appeared with  a sorry look on her muzzle, and would not look at me. I will be able to confirm if she has consumed it tomorrow when I clear the garden. Here she is in her non committal state.

resized_49969c81-c648-401c-bdaf-bf62de4d

😂😂love it. If it was swallowed  without being chewed you may still be able to use it it 😂😂

Edited by Ian Suds

If only carpet monsters where always that gorgeous, you could almost forgive them. Mine is just a carpet consuming loads of small photo etch currently.  Quite right Ian, that could well be a quick lick and a swallow, although retrieving said nacelle, is a another type of garden monster altogether I don't envy.

A very lovely young lady by the way and best of luck with the gardening activities very soon. 

Watch you don’t step on the PE, Picard. Those small bits are a b..... to remove. And it hurts. When and after! Thank you for the compliments. Nora is in fact 8 years old, which isn’t too bad for a Bernese. Won’t see nine if she eats any more plastic  though! But she is my soul mate and never answers back or nags me. 

Well, the proof is in pudding, so to speak. But it’s in a hundred little bits! Funny that as biscuits don’t touch the sides. She’s still being a bit cagey about it. Hopefully Airfix will take pity on me, but considering that it’s twelve parts from different sprues I am not holding out much hope. It is understandable. I won’t post any pictures! 

Once again Airfix have come up trumps. I have got all the replacement parts so I can have another go at it! Keeping the dog away this time. Mind you I will be relegated to a cold garage again as SWMBO is back. It cost me sick squid but that is less than getting a replacement from another firm. They wanted £20 for a part. £5 more than the kit cost! Well here we go! Well done the guys and gals at Hornby. 

Last time i needed a cockpit glas for my 1/72 707 and Heller just send me the entire frame with passenger windows and all for Free!!!:penguin::penguin: i even told them that i was willing to pay for it...Great service...

Glad they helped you...

Don't forget there is a guy on evilbay who breaks and sells new Airfix kits as spares.

Speaking of missing parts settled down last night to do the last veihical for a little desert set piece iam doing it is the airfix grant tank everything was going well until I got to the running gear to find one wheel missing and seeing as it was a new kit in sealed plastic bag it looks like it must be still lurking around the packaging line at the airfix factory .Sorry to go on hope your dog delivers the goods soon we have a jack Russel  mad as a hatter but thankfully he does not chew things .:angry: