F-104G Marineflieger

Hello Toni,

Enjoyed your F-104G. I think in the German Navy colors this plane looks the best.

Compliments for your excellent photographs. 

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.

• Like 1

Thank you gents !

11 hours ago, mirageiv said:

Awesome Antoine, looks real! The seat is a model in itself, well done! I really like the top colour, what mix/paint did you settle on?

Cheers,

David.

Hi David,

Thanks for your words.

Concerning the colour, well you won't believe me, but I have no idea...

I originally used a defined mix of Tamyia XF-66, XF-50 and XF-24 but I was never satisfied so I kept on changing the ratios and I lost track of it. I would say that it's mainly XF-66 :unsure:

Antoine

• Like 1

On 10/29/2017 at 9:43 PM, toniosky said:

Thank you gents !

Hi David,

Thanks for your words.

Concerning the colour, well you won't believe me, but I have no idea...

I originally used a defined mix of Tamyia XF-66, XF-50 and XF-24 but I was never satisfied so I kept on changing the ratios and I lost track of it. I would say that it's mainly XF-66 :unsure:

Antoine

I believe you, exactly the same thing with me every time I paint something in RAL 7012, it is the hardest colour I have tried to match yet, still yet to find the match/mix and will investigate with your XF numbers, hoping the Colourcoats version is the silver bullet off the shelf! Anyways, excellent model Antoine :)

David 

Edited by mirageiv
  • Like 1

On 10/30/2017 at 1:38 AM, Squibby said:

No seriously is that first photo of the model? 

Amazing work, just incredible weathering and detail... 

If you look closer you will actually spot a few inconsistencies, for example the insufficient depth of field of the tail section

Edited by toniosky

Beautiful looking F-104 with a great paint scheme and subtle weathering , the ejection seat is a masterpiece :goodjob:

I will get around to doing mine one day and hopefully it will be half as good as yours. 

Guy

Edited by F4u
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, BerndM said:

Excellent build and well photographed.

I think it was worth investing in 2 spotlights, I am finally having decent pictures to show but I still have a lot to learn ^_^

Antoine

Edited by toniosky
  • Like 1

Cheers again mates !

22 hours ago, ModelMonkey said:

Spot on! Looks damn near perfect. I've got the Hasegawa F104C that I'm building up the courage to start.

No need for courage, the Hasegawa kit is a joy to build from the beginning to the end !