Airfix Bristol Blenheim MkIVF

Well it took longer than expected but enjoyable every minute. 16 years ago i built the airfix blenheim of the time. I was 10 years old, sat alongside my dad, using brushes and enamel paint. But today its all airbrushes and new tooled kits. 

This Airfix Bristol Blenheim MkIVf is the lastest tooling from airfix. It was a great kit with only a minor fit issue on the main fuselage join. Despite that every part was a great fit and had the resemblance of a Blenheim.

The whole model was painted with vallejo model air which was a nerve racking task for me as this was my first camoflage aircraft painted using my airbrush.

Blenheim finally completed

Ìt is a little rough round some of the edges but im more than happy with it. I learnt alot of new techniques along the way as well as some of the old tried and tested techniques.

I used an enamal thinned paint for a panel line wash, and learning to preshade and create tonal variations in the paint.

Finally the exhaust staining was done using chalk pastel shavings and also used some dry brushing to create chipping on the propelllors. Everything was then given a coat of matt varnish and finished off with removal of the masking tape.

Overall i am happy with the Blenheim and cant wait for the 1/48 Mk1 from airfix.

Thanks for looking in.

Blenheim finally completedBlenheim finally completedBlenheim finally completedBlenheim finally completed

On e again thanks for looking in. 

• Like 30

It looks great - especially the weathering on the white half of the underside. I really should do an aircraft with the white/black underside at some point - I've always thought it looks interesting.