Golden oldie,USS Long Beach.

stevej60

Hi folk's trying to break my ship taboo again,three massive failure's over the last couple of year's.This was a £2:99 modelzone buy which has been passed on

to me by my eldest,I know it's an oldie probably full of fault's but I fancy an old fashioned OOB build just to get a ship on the shelf then I can do justice to the

old Arizona which I also have,she had a long carreer including shooting down Vietnamese Mig's one at a range of 63 Miles!Here's the box.

20171023_213349

Our very own Paul did a review a while back.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 5

Made a start on the hull red/brown and dark gray deck,paint bled as I used ordinary masking tape but I'll use Tamiya tape for the waterline and gray.

20171024_175755

• Like 3

Hi folk's been progressing a little,painting the deck and got a new roll off Tamiya tape so hull gray painted and black waterline finished,I've

started painting the superstructure as well.

20171029_142856

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, beefy66 said:

Looking forward to seeing this come together nice one   :yes:

beefy

Cheer's Beefy,the Matchbox GB has reminded me of the day's when oob was all we knew so nice to set the goal of just putting together

what's in the box without worrying about accuracy and adding detail and all the issues that has been bogging me down of late.A start on

painting the superstructure this afternoon.

20171029_182442

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...