fewr9fkr9595

1 minute ago, PhantomBigStu said:

quite a variation between the brands.....

True which can be a problem when it comes to using decals in ‘contrasting greys’ that most of the these schemes use so they may disappear when applied which is not good.

Example - Concerning hasegawa kits I imagine that the greys they print their decals in for their modern jet kits are designed to work best against the mr color shades, so if you want to use a different brand of paint for your build you can check them here to see if they are similar enough for the contrasts to work... 👍🏿

• Like 1

You can buy a complete fan here:

http://www.e-paint.co.uk/products.asp?cat=60

Individual chips are £13.99

I'll happily post shots of ours against the FS chips but regrettably need our fan here for QC checks. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 23/10/2017 at 2:22 PM, Tony Oliver said:

Plus there are different options by some manufacturers but you’d hope they’re the same in tone eg .... xtracolour/crylix,

Don't put money on that Tony, I have quite a few colours duplicated between those two ranges & I don't think any of them match exactly, some are widely different (but then, many of their individual colours differ in different tins - for some reason I have three tins of xtracolor PRU blue & they're all different from each other! )

Very interesting comparison in those greys, thanks for doing the tests & posting the results.

Keith

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

MEGA bump. This is amazing work! I recently had the pleasure of using AK Real Color's version of Light Ghost Gray which I found was great (way better than my previous default, Gunze). However, I have not tried the other two colors but there's a thread over at ARC that suggests their Dark GG is a bit too purplish (ironically that's the problem with Gunze's LGG). Perhaps worth adding to the comparison table?

8 hours ago, Phantome said:

MEGA bump. This is amazing work! I recently had the pleasure of using AK Real Color's version of Light Ghost Gray which I found was great (way better than my previous default, Gunze). However, I have not tried the other two colors but there's a thread over at ARC that suggests their Dark GG is a bit too purplish (ironically that's the problem with Gunze's LGG). Perhaps worth adding to the comparison table?

Cheers nice one mate! 

Thanks for reminding me about this. Got some more brands to add soon. 

Ak real colour 
New Tamiya lacquers (only ghost greys currently)

Vallejo air

Hataka orange line

xtracolour

plus some others I can’t remember.

Also still want to do the same for dark and light  gull grey and radome tan for all the brands too. Just takes a while to set up and takes a couple days to mask and spray. Something to do in the spring when the weather is warmer...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

Cheers nice one mate! 

Thanks for reminding me about this. Got some more brands to add soon. 

Ak real colour 
New Tamiya lacquers (only ghost greys currently)

Vallejo air

Hataka orange line

xtracolour

plus some others I can’t remember.

Also still want to do the same for dark and light  gull grey and radome tan for all the brands too. Just takes a while to set up and takes a couple days to mask and spray. Something to do in the spring when the weather is warmer...

I'll give AK Real Colors a go (I have all three TPS colors) when I get back to the UK in Feb and post a pic here, although will be hard to compare separate from your own samples. They harmonize well in the bottle but AKRC has the notorious property of looking vastly different once sprayed... which is a good thing since they always tend to look too light in the bottle.

This thread should be pinned if you ask me, there's hardly any color combination that is more important in modelling than 36375/36320 so much that if you get one wrong, you get both wrong.

Btw, I'm linking the other two ARC threads here for reference:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/304103-3637536320-comparisons/

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/223718-light-ghost-gray-spraying-issue/

• Like 1

On 25/12/2019 at 17:06, Phantome said:

I'll give AK Real Colors a go (I have all three TPS colors) when I get back to the UK in Feb and post a pic here, although will be hard to compare separate from your own samples. They harmonize well in the bottle but AKRC has the notorious property of looking vastly different once sprayed... which is a good thing since they always tend to look too light in the bottle.

This thread should be pinned if you ask me, there's hardly any color combination that is more important in modelling than 36375/36320 so much that if you get one wrong, you get both wrong.

Btw, I'm linking the other two ARC threads here for reference:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/304103-3637536320-comparisons/

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/223718-light-ghost-gray-spraying-issue/

Thanks for the props pal. Thats down to the mods. 

I have the AK real color tps shades too, currently working on a hasegawa ‘eggcat’ with them.

The tamiya shades are in the post so once they get here I will get them sprayed too along with the others I mentioned above and rephotograph them all together. 

I want to try the hataka dark ghost grey again as is doesn’t seem right. 

Ps are you a member of arc forums? 

Tony 

22 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

@Phantome

As mentioned in previous post here is the eggcat now finished in tps camo. 
The AK real color shades seem good in comparison with each other. Sprayed in an opaque manner to get maximum contrast. 
Hope this helps. 

Ahh that looks good. Looking forward to giving it a go myself :)

• Like 1

• 9 months later...