Sharkit SNCASO Dever - 1/72 --- First Ops Trials

Dear fellow modelers,

Posting my first full resin creation, it is the rendering of the Sharkit SNCASO Dever, a "paper plane" out of the 50's

This company produced also some aircraft which actually made it into flight testing, such as the Trident for example.

A fabulous era, when nothing seemed impossible and every month a new project came alive.

The Dever reminds me also of "Blake n Mortimer", "Tintin", "Yoko Tsuno" and "Buck Danny" comic stripes in which similar rockets and planes can be seen.

Dever: Sharkit
Citroen HY: l'Arsenal 2.0
Ground Crew: Hasegawa & Italeri (ex ESCI)
Missile: Sharkit
Missile dolly: Scratch evergreen (+ wheels from Hasegawa)
Windsock: AIM72

Metal Colors: K-Colors

Decals came from various bit n pieces

On to the pics:

37877069591_740afda8d9_b.jpg

37166944154_4027b9a048_b.jpg

37166939464_d8e6676f63_b.jpg

37166934814_74896d68d5_b.jpg

37166929554_654881c45d_b.jpg

24024407018_102dabb588_b.jpg

24024367118_b1f2e34a7e_b.jpg

37845742412_57f562321d_b.jpg

37166988424_6bf2456b80_b.jpg

Hope you like it

Cheers

b.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Beautiful work! The last but one photo really lights the fuse of imagination.

I guess that landing that contraption would call for a steady hand, if 'Skeets' Coleman's experience with the wide-legged XFY-1 Pogo is anything to go by…

Inspiring modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

Very nice and a lovely presentation of the model, The French did some seriously weird stuff in the 50's, was not absinthe legal again after the war? (Apparently not until 1990 according to Wikipedia)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, replicant said:

Thats cool!! And i like the Citroen, 1:72?

Yes, 1:72 from l'Arsenal 2.0

Overall very well detailed resin kit, even including photoetched parts. Only major drawback: the parts are horribly twisted / bent.

9 hours ago, Darby said:

Zoot Alors! That bloke with the fire extinguisher; don't fancy his chances much. Very novel and an excellent dio.

LOL!!!

Thx darby.

You know, the bloke with the fire extinguisher is meant for the Citroen Van :P;):D

Hi bearmatt,

this is an exquisite diorama, that gives credit to the French for dreaming up these types of contraptions and for having the guts to make them take off, and hopefully land, right next to a wind sock and 10 feet-tall diamond fence. The Citroen van would have hopefully been pushed out of the way before all that happened.

These Citroen thingies were called 'Tube' in France, for some reason unknown to me, and seeing it brought back memories I have been trying to forget for over three decades.

At the end of my Air Force military service I was told to take half a dozen chaps nearing completion of their service to a military hospital in Lyon, some 100 km away, for a final medical.

I was given the key to one of these Tubes, more precisely an Air Force ambulance version with red crosses everywhere, and ordered to get on with it. I had never driven one, but all went well, until the half way point where, to get out a traffic congestion I decided to try the siren... That worked, but a bit too well as before I knew it, I had two police motorcyclists (les motards) coming alongside and telling me to follow them, as it was obviously an emergency! Ooops... So I did the rest of the trip at break-neck speed with three sirens screaming, hoping that they would not accompany me all the way to the emergencies' entrance of the hospital. Thankfully they stopped at the gate and I did not have to try any of the lame excuses I had made up along the way.

I shall now stop living in fear of being arrested and come out of hiding.

Thanks for a great diorama and the fun memories it brought back.

JR 

Edited by jean
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks Jean for your comment and lovely anecdote. ^_^ I'm glad it brought you back that memory of driving a "tube" - lucky you! :-)

I see you've got the "feeling" for safety distances, since you have been working in this business.

Indeed - in reality - safety distances would be much bigger, but as a modeler might imagine, this would take up also way more space to represent it in 72nd scale.

This base measures already approx 50x50cm (20x20') and unfortunately, my space at home is very limited (mainly do to my stash :P)

But hey, who would not trust in french precision? I'm sure the pilot would land his Dever spot on :D

B.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...